My last post regarding the changes to the duck blind draw and tier system

Dodge Man

They did trap some on some private hunting clubs. I don't know how many but I was told of a few different places they trapped on private land. I am not going to argue that they might have some different results if they trapped all off the reguges. But I think part of the study is to see how much impact the refuge has on duck movements. I think that is a majorty of the study so they probably are trapping on the refuge to see how much those ducks leave and come back.
Since all the birds they track are caught on refuges, I suspect endogeneity explains why they never leave. Those ducks have found the refuge. But not every duck does. It's not like they have GPS coordinates taking them on the same route, to the same destination.
Point is, had they trapped and stuck trackers on ducks outside the refuges, they might have had different results (albeit take a major hit to their sample size, since it's much easier to catch ducks on a refuge than elsewhere).

West_Tn

You go in the day before if you even need to. Usually it's already done by the people who hunted before. People go scout the place the day before in daylight and may add some cane or set up somewhere different for the wind in which case you need a few boat loads. It's done this way at places like white oak wma if you've ever hunted there. I believe it's a better system.
This is incorrect, and not legal by the way TWRA has it set up. You can not be out there for any reason other than the days you are drew to hunt. The only time you can legally go out there to scout it out is 2 weeks before season.

Latest posts