My DEMAND to twra and the commission.............

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Since we are all about some entitlement I want my fair share.
This is a GREAT way for the agency to provide MORE OPPORTUNITES for everyone across the state so they should jump all over this one.

I love to fish but I don't want to go through the expense of buying a boat, paying taxes on it, keeping it registered, buying gas etc. for it not to mention the cost of pulling it all the way across the state to fish in lakes that I do not live near so I think it is only fair that TWRA provide me one.
Pulling the boat causes wear and tear on the trailer as well as my truck and that just isn't fair.
I want the OPPORTUNITY to fish TWRA family fishing lakes all across the state, not just the ones near me.

I mean I only want to fish a few days a year so it doesn't make sense for me to buy a boat just for that little amount of use.

This will be a very simple deal and it will be done online so there will be no staffing problems or anything like that.

1) TWRA has to create a computer program just like the one you use to reserve cabins in state parks across the state. This should be a VERY easy thing for them to do.
2) I will get on there and pick the day(s) that I want to fish any particular lake.
3) The boat will be in the water, full of gas and contain all safety gear that needs to be provided. No need in my buying life vests or anything like that since I will only be fishing 1 or 3 days.
The boat should be there and ready for me to launch at any time I choose when I pick the day and lake I want to fish.
4) There will be a one time $5.00 processing fee so this will make even MORE money for the agency.
5) They will have my name so if I leave a little debbie wrapper or empty RC can in the boat they can sternly scold me at a later date. We will need DNA proof that it was indeed ME that left it rather than the previous user that the after use inspection performed by TWRA was missed by them.
6) Since I may or may not be guiding out of this boat it will have to be capable of fishing at least 3-4 people. A boat of this quality will run approximately $30,000. There are only 18 TWRA family fishing lakes so we are ONLY talking about a cost to the agency of $540,000.
Since they have millions upon millions of dollars to throw around this is nothing. Plus it will be CREATING MORE OPPORTUNITIES for everyone to enjoy the great outdoors in the state of Tennessee.

Oh and I am sure someone out there will identify as a female minority so if this program isn't implemented by Spring of 2022 that will force discrimination lawsuits because that is the only reason I can think of that this isn't done. I mean they did it for ALL the duck hunters so why not us fishermen / fisherwomen????

Simply must be done.

Headhunter

Ruger, I am with you.

Don't forget, you can only fish parts of the lake that no one catches fish in. The commission only listen to area managers who don't fish and don't know where the best places are to fish. You know, like the commissioner said we will defer to area manager for blind locations instead of the hunters who hunt the area all the time.

JCDEERMAN

Ruger, I am with you.

Don't forget, you can only fish parts of the lake that no one catches fish in. The commission only listen to area managers who don't fish and don't know where the best places are to fish. You know, like the commissioner said we will defer to area manager for blind locations instead of the hunters who hunt the area all the time.
.......and the commissioners that ask how to distinguish the difference between a jake and a tom

Levee Jumper

I'm liking the TWRA more than TNDeer currently. This Root Insurance BS on the mobile site is worse than the DNC.

I was thinking along the lines of installing Redneck blinds at wma's this could be done for around $3500 a blind which could provide a lot of opportunity for people. I don't like hunting from a climbing stand and only would hunt the wma just a couple days so it would be better for me to be able just to walk in to a place ready to hunt.

Those are definitely some good ideas I might take up deer hunting again if I could hunt out of a redneck blind instead of freezing I'm 62 and have bad arthritis I'm also past the trophy stage you can't eat horns although if one walked by while I was nice and warm I would not be opposed to it.

JDUB

1615081618813.jpeg

Can't say I blame him... This is where we are now. It will happen at EVERY SINGLE WMA.

Ranger Scout

Lol damn your luck sounds about like mine. Mine starts drive to the TN River TVA has dropped the water down so far that the fish are looking for a mud hole just to stay alive, can't use the boat ramp because it doesn't go into the water far enough now walk to the edge of it and it is 15' deep look at my fishing buddy and ask if he wants to go to Long John Silvers maybe we could catch a meal there.

Latest posts