My Buddy's Obituary

MUP

Supporter
He loved to hunt and shoot. He had taken a non-typical 18 pt that scored 156 IIRC. And a couple years ago during the velvet hunt he took a nice velvet 8 pt as well. Those are the two instances that I remember vividly about the hunting stories that we shared. RIP my friend.

Kimber45

In my life of nearly 59 yrs, I never thought I’d see the kind of loss we’re experiencing right now… short of major WW. Sorta like Snake said, soooo many ppl who seemingly still had lots of time, gone too soon.
Prayers sent brother

rtaylor

MUP I'm sorry about your buddy. I opened the obituary and realized I had met the guy several times at the Chattanooga Rifle club and still had his business card in my desk. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Kirk

Supporter
He loved to hunt and shoot. He had taken a non-typical 18 pt that scored 156 IIRC. And a couple years ago during the velvet hunt he took a nice velvet 8 pt as well. Those are the two instances that I remember vividly about the hunting stories that we shared. RIP my friend.

A few years ago I made a post on here about a friend of mine that had passed away. I made one simple statement that said "what the obituary did not say." I went on to add some personal notes of adventures and fun times we had shared. A few hunt memories and some wild rides we took through the mountains. Basically it was intended as a philosophical statement made by me that no obituary could ever cover the full impact and talents of a person in a paragraph or two. Each person that knew them would have written about the things they had shared with them during their life.

Someone on here saw it and told his ex wife. She sent me a very acid tongued message on Facebook. Basically how dare I throw off on their obituary. I tried to explain. His daughter sent me a message a few days later and thanked me for sharing those memories. He had told her about a few of them while she was growing up.

So with all this said.................Share your memories. A person will live on as long as one person still remembers them.

sll

In my life of nearly 59 yrs, I never thought I’d see the kind of loss we’re experiencing right now… short of major WW. Sorta like Snake said, soooo many ppl who seemingly still had lots of time, gone too soon.
Prayers sent brother
It is really hitting home more by the day now......cousin's husband this morning and was just told a co-worker that had been on a ventilalator for the past 7 days just died about an hour ago. 😢 He was mid-50's also.

MUP

Supporter
We have another co-worker infected with covid now. Hospital sent him home on a breathing machine. He's doing a little better today tho I've heard.

Latest posts