My baby back from the smith!

skynimrod

My always wanting to do project gun is almost complete.
The Winchester model of 1917 sporterized 30-06 was handed down to me from my Dad early on in my hunting endeavors. It was a real shooter and took much game, but a little heavy with that strong reliable action, and that old ugly cracked wood stock it sported.

Now Re-Born in to a 338-06 or A-square 338-06 witch ever I want to load or shoot.
I ordered a Bell & Carlson (freedom green) stock with a Decelerator pad. The smith did the other work with a 26" crowned cut rifled Rock Barrel, Blueing, and smoothing the trigger and action for me. I'm very happy with the work and can't wait to put some glass on it, and get out to shoot it.
:grin:
I will post up on the final finishes and details on how it shoots.
IMG_0038-1.jpg

IMG_0040-2.jpg

IMG_0037-1.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

LCU

Real nice.
Is that painted with Duracoat?
Did you use stencils? Never seen a pattern like that.

skynimrod

LCU said:
Real nice.
Is that painted with Duracoat?
Did you use stencils? Never seen a pattern like that.
Thanks!
No it's just a off the shelf B&C stock with the Hydrofilm process.
Yea I really like that new freedom color. It's kinda like the Vietnam Tiger Stripe I really like, but better.

skynimrod

Rocky At Franklin Gun.
I know others here have not been too keen on him, but I'm very satisfied, as with others I know too.

JimFromTN

Rocky does a good job. He just charges twice as much as everyone else when they are just as good as he is. I assume that he has to charge that much to help pay for that high dolllar real estate and all that inventory they keep in stock. I'd like them better if they kept that pond stocked and let us fish it.

skynimrod

JimFromTN said:
Rocky does a good job. He just charges twice as much as everyone else when they are just as good as he is. I assume that he has to charge that much to help pay for that high dolllar real estate and all that inventory they keep in stock. I'd like them better if they kept that pond stocked and let us fish it.

:D

Latest posts