Muzzleloader season

TX300mag

I've counted 21 shots this morning in northern Henderson Co. I bet nearly all were bucks.

I've been hunting exclusively with my kids (age 5-13) and we've been seeing deer steadily on the two farms we've hunted. Kids are being more selective than I would have them, but they're seeing deer almost every time they're out.

People around here simply won't kill very many does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardwoodmaterials

All of muzzle loader season I saw 1 big doe with a fawn. I only heard 6-8 shots while hunting. How does the kill numbers look at the end of muzzle loader?

JCDEERMAN

Spurhunter":2nqb3r88 said:
Andy S.":2nqb3r88 said:
PickettSFHunter":2nqb3r88 said:
There's just simply a lot less deer to shoot at where I am.
Same in my area.

X3. I was blaming the logging but I'm not even hearing shots on the properties around me. I'm not seeing many (any) deer, not getting many pictures on a dozen cameras, and not seeing any sign. I haven't found one single scrape and very few fresh rubs. All this on a property where I could kill a deer pretty much any day I wanted to previously. I can't explain it.

Pretty much the same thing here. I'm hard pressed to get any deer on camera (13 cameras on 700 acres). It is blowing my mind. I've seen 16 deer on 4 sits since Thursday, but haven't seen a buck or gotten a pic of a buck I'd like to shoot since August.

Latest posts