Mulched tree for mulch?

TS_13

Has any used ground up trees for mulch around their trees? My neighbor had a large oak taken down and a lot was ground up, I was thinking of getting some of the chips and using it around apples etc. Anyone used this?

Hunter 257W

I am intending to do this. I read somewhere a year or so back that mulch around apple trees was bad because it would attract parasites but I can't find where I read it any more. Everything I can currently find recommends mulching, so I plan to go ahead and use the wood shaving mulch around mine as soon as it dries up so I can get bacck there.

TS_13

I have mulched most of my trees, my real concern was using the pulp from my neighbors ground up tree. I am not sure if its ok.

TNlandowner

TS,

Be very careful using chips from freshly mulched trees. Until the chips age, they may harm your trees. I'm not sure what chemical is released as the chips break-down, but I've seen damage on a neighbor's fruit trees from using fresh mulch.

Jim

TNlandowner

TS,

Be very careful using chips from freshly mulched trees. Until the chips age, they may harm your trees. I'm not sure what chemical is released as the chips break-down, but I've seen damage on a neighbor's fruit trees from using fresh mulch.

Jim

TS_13

TNlandowner said:
TS,

Jim

Thanks Jim, thats what I was looking for.

T

Latest posts