MS license question - Non Resident rifle hunt for deer

V

Vince

Can anyone help me with what license I need to hunt deer with rifle in MS for the next two days? From the website https://www.mdwfp.com/license/hunting/, it looks i need a Non Resident 3-Day All Game -Archery/Primitive Weapon (Type 144 for $125) along with Deer Permit ($5). When I try to add licenses to the cart, I don't find an option for Deer Permit - $5. The only other option I can add to include deer is the Non-Resident Archery/Primitive Weapon/Crossbow (Type 132), which costs $75.

However, per the description for Type 132, it seems Type 132 doesn't go along with Type 144. (Here is the definition for Type 132 - This license entitles all non-residents to hunt deer with a bow and arrows or with primitive weapon during special archery/primitive weapon seasons. This license must be bought in addition to either Type 140 (Non-Resident All Game Hunting) and Type 142 (Non-Resident Youth 16-18 Annual Hunting) or Type 141 (Non-Resident 7-Day All Game Hunting) or Type 143 (Non-Resident Youth 16-18 / 7-Day All Game Hunting).

Can anyone please advise what I am missing here and what I need to add to get the Deer Permit for $5? Thank you.

Vince.

V

Vince

Never mind. I found it after I removed all types I had in my cart. It's Type 148. Thanks!

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
I was about to say, none of the ones you listed first sounded like what you needed.

If you don't mind me asking what did it end up costing? My in-laws live in MS, but they are on the coast and there aren't many deer there, but I have always wondered what it would cost to hunt down there for a few days if I was there during season.

V

Vince

BC, the least it costs for 3 consecutive day deer hunt in a non-wma land for a MS non resident would cost 137.75$. 125 for 3 day, I think 175 for 7 day and then 300 for full season, plus the 5$ plus tax and processing.