mrutvol? any big ones this year?

MRUTVOL

pastorbmp said:
MRUTVOL is a giant buck killing machine! WOW! Congrats! You did it again!

LOL...thanks Pastor but really I was just lucky to be at the right place at the right time. It was about 10 mins of shooting light left when he showed up. It was about a 300 yd shot and could see just enough in the scope to make the shot. Unfortunately I did not have a flashlight with me so I had to wait til morning to find him but I got lucky that coyotes did not find him first. I knew he was in the area due to sign but had to wait on the right wind to hunt it . I took 3 days vacation so I could take advantage of the Northwest wind on that day. It was up to him to show up and fortunately he did. I have been hunting them since I was 16 yrs old and when my dad quit hunting with me due to health and age reason about 12 years ago I set a goal to quit when I turned 60 so next season will be my last for serious deer hunting. Guess I will become a casual hunter kinda like a casual drinker...LOL. Besides ,the property that holds most of those deer just sold to a doctor in Huntsville who is going to clear it off and build a house with a landing strip on it for his private plane use so the timing I guess is good. There is one more stud I know of hanging in there I would like to get b4 I quit ....maybe I will get lucky one last time! :grin:

Latest posts