Mr. Heater

monsterbuck07

monsterbuck07

Yes, I know some of you tough guys will sit on ice for three hours to kill a deer, but I like hunting as much as the next guy and in weather like this very rarely am I climbing a tree. I invested in one of the larger Mr. Heaters last season and between it and good binoculars they are hands down two of the best hunting investments I have made. These heaters crank out some heat. I am in no way affiliated with their company, but if you have been on the fence about spending the money for one, go get one and thank me later.

Attachments

• IMG_6937.JPG
    IMG_6937.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 956
Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

I'll take comfort over misery any day. Got this one and a smaller version.

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

I agree. I will climb a tree buy myself and sit in the cold but my Mr. Buddy heater has allowed me to hunt with my son this week.

fairchaser

fairchaser

Hunting in as much comfort as you can will keep you not only in the stand longer but will keep you ready when that buck appears. I’ve been so cold that I couldn’t draw my bow. I had quit hunting and didn’t even know it. My lifetime best buck was killed while sitting in front of a heater. Right on!

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Bought one for duck hunting a couple years ago.
They are awesome!
If I had a spot to use one deer hunting I definitely would.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I have the big Mr Heater and the Little Buddy. Been taking the Little Buddy in my blind the last 2 years and it makes all the difference as I get older.

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

Just curious,does anyone use one in a pop up blind ?

dralarms

dralarms

Be careful. Saw where 3 people died from carbon monoxide poisoning recently. All from the same family. 3 generations

monsterbuck07

monsterbuck07

Ventilation, open some windows.

Yes, I hVe used in a pop up, but in them I use the low setting.

M

Mike Belt

When I hunted out of a shooting house I used one. I mainly built this house for my wife and got the heater for her but I loved using it myself on those bitterly cold days.

E

eddie c

Another warning. Inspect the rubber gasket where the bottle screws on the heater occasionally. Those will crack with age. I found out the hard way. Because I didn't check my heater caught on fire around the bottle.
I was using it in the shed when it happened. I threw it in the yard hoping the automatic cutoff would work. Nope, kept burning. Put it out with the fire extinguisher, whole time hoping the bottle didn't blow.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
greygoose":26hds43a said:

Yep, I use the Little Buddy in mine. The windows are open for shooting so there is enough air.

LanceS4803

LanceS4803

Looking at the Little Buddy, it looks like it would tip over very easily.
Is it stable?

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
Wildcat":1vqk9e94 said:
greygoose":1vqk9e94 said:

Yep, I use the Little Buddy in mine. The windows are open for shooting so there is enough air.

Same here except I use a Portable Buddy. I only do this a couple times a year on the coldest days but it sure is comfortable.

D

Dully

LanceS4803":2x5tlni5 said:
Is it stable?
Should have platic base the bottle sets in :smash:

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
LanceS4803":ivdv3hjv said:
Is it stable?

It's stable. But you can knock it over and when that happens it goes off then you have to restart it. Same with Mr Heater. Their cut off is easy to set off and I like that.

fairchaser

fairchaser

Anyone ever put a roll of toilet paper in a coffee can soaked in kerosene and put it on the platform of your climber, and light it for warmth. It’s supposed to have a low blue flame lasting hours. I’m curious if it worked.

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
fairchaser":sbo55o7j said:
Anyone ever put a roll of toilet paper in a coffee can soaked in kerosene and put it on the platform of your climber, and light it for warmth. It’s supposed to have a low blue flame lasting hours. I’m curious if it worked.
I did that when I was a kid. Read about it in F&S or Outdoor Life. I think it put off a lot of odor if I remember correctly. But that was over 30 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jlanecr500

jlanecr500

Supporter
This time last year a buddy and I braved the bitter cold and hunted the plateau. We set our ground blind up in a saddle the day before. It snowed 5 inches that night. We got in that sucker the next morning and my buddy heater put him to sleep. He awoke when I shot to say "hang on a dang minute. I want to kill one too"