Mr. Buddy Heaters

BirdDog123

Probably the best investment I have ever made in camping gear. I stayed plenty warm in a ventilated tent during 20 degree weather a few weeks ago. A lot of people complain about condensation but if you keep a few blinds open in the tent its no problem.

Gotta keep at least one propane tank a night though in my experience.

moondawg

My dad uses a propane heater of some type, I don't think it's Mr. Buddy. He doesn't run it all night; he runs it just before he goes to bed at night and when he wakes up in the morning.

My little brother, however, runs an electric heater all night. If it's 30 degrees outside, it'll be almost 70 degrees in his tent! :D

I don't use anything, I rough it. :D But I seriously contemplated getting one back when I went camping in November.

Gravey

I have a mr buddy and it works like a charm in our hunting camper that's 20' long. Turn it on low and then turn it off before going to bed. My brother- in- law bought the bigger one so we use it now. One time he wanted to run all night long on low and I woke up sweating.

danny1975

I got the big buddy and absolutely love it . I have mine in a 27' camper and during the winter never turned it above low

JandSCattleCo

Keep one in the boat when fishing in cold weather. It's nice to keep under the console and be able to reach down and warm my hands.

Same goes for the duck blind. No frozen steps or fingers!

iowavf

I always have mine in the deer blind. The windows may frost up first thing but after the inside heats up a little the windows melt off. I don't run it all the time but it's nice to keep the chill off and not have to wear gloves and have my coat zipped up. Had a few mornings that was around zero and that heater sure felt good.

AT Hiker

My wife and I survived multiple nights of 14 degree weather in Yellowstone with a Buddy Heater in a Eureka "A-Frame" tent. We only turned it on right when we were getting ready to sleep and when we awoke in the am. It actually go to hot...venting definetly helps with condensation.

eddie c

check the rubber gasket where the bottle screws in every year. last winter mine had cracked and i had fire at that spot. I had to get a fire extinsher to put it out.

eddie c

BirdDog123 said:
Hey that is really good advice Eddie.. thanks for sharing that. If it woulda happened in my tent I probably would have been a goner lol

I was in my work shop/storage shed one rainy day last winter when the whole thing caught on fire at light up. grabbed the handle and threw it out in the yard and it kept burning while laying on it's side. I had to get the fire extinguisher out of the boat.
that reminds me, I need to replace the FE.

and I STILL haven't found a replacement gasket. seems no one sells parts.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
BirdDog123 said:
Hey that is really good advice Eddie.. thanks for sharing that. If it woulda happened in my tent I probably would have been a goner lol

Learned this from Wildcat years ago.
When I am in a pop up or a tent, you never know what can happen so I keep a SHARP knife very close to me when I am sleeping and then if I am lucky enough to wake up in time I can split the sucker wide open and jump out.