Moultrie delta

Bfields

I buy 1 of these cameras a couple months ago don't waste your money on them I have put batteries in it every month an it take 12 I got about 7 pics this month an yes the batteries are dead again I contacted moultrie many times about black pics an the battery drain they told me to use lithium batteries they said I had bad signal I have moved it many times had any cell camera both with the same carrier both shows 80 to 90 percent on signal still does the same they told me format the card an go into a dark room trigger the camera then turn the light to trigger it again do this about 8 times everything they told me to do nothing helped I have used they cameras an feeders for years an this is the best story they can come up with I seen more reviews where other people had the same problem I guess I'm done with this company

Pioneer1789

I buy 1 of these cameras a couple months ago don't waste your money on them I have put batteries in it every month an it take 12 I got about 7 pics this month an yes the batteries are dead again I contacted moultrie many times about black pics an the battery drain they told me to use lithium batteries they said I had bad signal I have moved it many times had any cell camera both with the same carrier both shows 80 to 90 percent on signal still does the same they told me format the card an go into a dark room trigger the camera then turn the light to trigger it again do this about 8 times everything they told me to do nothing helped I have used they cameras an feeders for years an this is the best story they can come up with I seen more reviews where other people had the same problem I guess I'm done with this company
I had one eating batteries once a week. They replaced it right away without any argument. The replacement is doing good so far.

JArender

I bought one to try because I can't ever find more reveals. I bought it the week they came out. I just replaced the batteries last week. I just have it on a trail because on a field the photos are to washed out and blurry to really tell anything. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone either.

Pioneer1789

Are you using lithium batteries in your now
I always use lithium batteries in my cell cams. The bad camera was going through 12 a week. About 4 out of 10 pics were corrupt on the SD card also. New one has been good for over a month.

csi-tech

I bought two Moultrie cameras. They were A-7s. When I opened them up water poured out of both. Agreed, save your money. I am usin Amazon "Folgtek" cameras at the moment. Wonderful so far and worth every penny. I think they are about $60.00 each or so.

Pioneer1789

Thought I'd update this thread. I've been running 2 deltas until last month. I bought a 3rd. So far I've had to send back 2 for replacement. One would eat a 12 pack of lithium batteries every 5 to 7 days. My guess with that one is modem issues.

The second one I had replaced worked fine for about a month and a half. Then one day it quit sending photos. Thinking the batteries had died, I went out and checked it. Batteries weren't dead. It wouldn't turn on. Replaced the batteries anyway. No joy. Did everything Moultrie CS recommended. Nope. Got a new one via UPS. Total time without the camera was about 2 weeks. One week working with CS and another week shipping the old one back and getting the new one.

While I was waiting on a replacement, my newest camera, about 2 weeks old at this time, started taking green pictures. I'm sure it will probably have to go back too, but it's on a part of the property I won't go into right now except to hunt. I'm so discouraged at this point, I haven't even opened my brand new replacement cam. Thinking I might just sell them all and try another company's cell cams.

In summary, deltas are GREAT cameras when they are working. They don't false trigger anywhere near as much as the xv7000s I used to have. That's important when you're paying a monthly fee by picture count. Picture quality is excellent for the price point. Battery life is good on lithiums. I set my cams to upload every 6 hours to save the batteries. I think I see a couple tacticam reveal xbs in my future.

BTW, I've not had any problems with my replacement cams yet. Maybe they're getting the bugs worked out.

Attachments

• downloaded637714451929364240.jpg
    downloaded637714451929364240.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 120

Thelonegoose

I have a delta and an XV-7000. I can get about 4-6 months out of a set of lithium batteries for the XV. I get about 6 weeks at best for the delta. I had a bass pro gift card to purchase my Delta, so I can't complain too much. I set them on trails so I usually get around 300-500 pictures a month. I upload pictures every 12 hours. Overall it's about 6.5/10.

I had the same issue where it quit sending pictures one day. However, when I replaced the batteries, it started working again. I tested the old set of batteries and there wasn't a thing wrong with them. Never called CS about it.

Pioneer1789

I have a delta and an XV-7000. I can get about 4-6 months out of a set of lithium batteries for the XV. I get about 6 weeks at best for the delta. I had a bass pro gift card to purchase my Delta, so I can't complain too much. I set them on trails so I usually get around 300-500 pictures a month. I upload pictures every 12 hours. Overall it's about 6.5/10.

I had the same issue where it quit sending pictures one day. However, when I replaced the batteries, it started working again. I tested the old set of batteries and there wasn't a thing wrong with them. Never called CS about it.
See that's weird. I'm getting about the same number of pictures a month and I'm uploading them more frequently but my cams are going longer on batteries than your delta. Maybe signal strength has something to do with it. Mine are on ridge tops with very good reception.

Pioneer1789

Like I said, good pics when they're working.

Attachments

• downloaded637714475491264560.jpg
    downloaded637714475491264560.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 81
  • downloaded637714474884537430.jpg
    downloaded637714474884537430.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 86
  • downloaded637714475686022430.jpg
    downloaded637714475686022430.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 76

Thelonegoose

See that's weird. I'm getting about the same number of pictures a month and I'm uploading them more frequently but my cams are going longer on batteries than your delta. Maybe signal strength has something to do with it. Mine are on ridge tops with very good reception.
I usually have 4 out of 5 bars for signal strength. In some spots, it is 5 out of 5. They definitely seem cheaply made. The deltas are a great way for someone to enter the cellular cam game for cheapish. If you have the extra money, I would explore other options.

Pioneer1789

I had 2 7000s. Good cameras, but mine false triggered A LOT. Before I sold them, I had one that was taking pitch black pictures at night. I read you have to put them in a completely dark room and trigger them with the lights on and off to fix that. My B-I-L has them now.