Moultrie Delta

Pioneer1789

Well, all is not well. Mine quit sending pics after 5 days. Went and pulled the card and it wouldn't turn on. It ate 12 lithium batteries in 5 days. Thinking it could have been a fluke, I put in a different sd card with 12 new lithium batteries. This time, it only lasted 2 days. Excellent signal strength, so that wasn't the issue. Out of 377 pictures it took, 85 were corrupted files. Unreadable. Contacted Moultrie this afternoon. They listened to the problems I was having. Inside of a 2 minute phone conversation, they offered to send me a replacement cam. So that's where I'm at. They'll ship out the new one once UPS has picked up the old one. I really hope they get the bugs worked out of these cameras because i think they have a lot of potential. I can't complain at all with their customer service.

Thelonegoose

I have had pretty good luck with mine so far. The first few days it was very slow, had trouble getting signal, and was not sending a lot pictures. Now it seems to be working fine. The picture quality is not the best in the world but it does its job. for $79 I am very pleased. I have not tried the video setting yet. The plan I chose allows for 25 videos every month. I am curious to see how it will work.

Pioneer1789

I have had pretty good luck with mine so far. The first few days it was very slow, had trouble getting signal, and was not sending a lot pictures. Now it seems to be working fine. The picture quality is not the best in the world but it does its job. for $79 I am very pleased. I have not tried the video setting yet. The plan I chose allows for 25 videos every month. I am curious to see how it will work.
I figure Moultrie will get me straighten out. If they don't, I'll sell my other Moultrie cell cams and give someone else a try.

Pioneer1789

Update:
I sent the old one back last Thursday. It arrived last Friday. I received a new one Wednesday of this week. I'll get it put out today and see how it goes.

Antler Daddy

I've got a brand new unopened one from Bass Pro when they were $20 off. I'll sell it for what I have in it plus Usps shipping. It will save me from returning. Going a different route.

philsanchez76

Definitely seems like most are not having a great experience with the Delta. I was in that camp too. I still think the advertised 80 foot detection circuit is WAYYYYY off. 30 feet at best! But I ended up buying some more video data to play around with and was pleasantly surprised. One, if you already have the minimum plan of $6.99 per month going, you can buy 50 video downloads for $1! That's awesome. And two, once I started getting videos to my phone, they were super high quality compared to the thumbnails pics you receive in the app. This delta may be worth the $79 yet!

Thelonegoose

Definitely seems like most are not having a great experience with the Delta. I was in that camp too. I still think the advertised 80 foot detection circuit is WAYYYYY off. 30 feet at best! But I ended up buying some more video data to play around with and was pleasantly surprised. One, if you already have the minimum plan of $6.99 per month going, you can buy 50 video downloads for $1! That's awesome. And two, once I started getting videos to my phone, they were super high quality compared to the thumbnails pics you receive in the app. This delta may be worth the $79 yet!
I still have not tried the video. The only problem I am having is the battery life. It seems to be about a month for me. I put out my Delta and XV-6000 with the same batteries. The delta, I had to change after about 30 days. The XV is still going on the same set. I changed the delta settings to only uploading twice a day, and it has helped some. I did use cheap batteries and will be using nicer ones when both cameras finish out their life on the current sets.

philsanchez76

I still have not tried the video. The only problem I am having is the battery life. It seems to be about a month for me. I put out my Delta and XV-6000 with the same batteries. The delta, I had to change after about 30 days. The XV is still going on the same set. I changed the delta settings to only uploading twice a day, and it has helped some. I did use cheap batteries and will be using nicer ones when both cameras finish out their life on the current sets.
Yeah that's hopefully due to the alkaline batts. I've got lithium's and it's been almost a month still going strong and that's set at the upload immediately frequency.

Pioneer1789

I got my replacement cam from Moultrie about a month ago. No excessive battery consumption with this one. The video is good in the daylight. Decent in the dark. My firmware has also updated. Haven't gotten any snowy pictures lately.

hatch

I know my brand new Moultrie 900i isnt taking pictures at night and it seems to be a problem with the 900i. It will be getting sent back to Moultrie

Bfields

Anybody tried on of these yet? If so, feedback?

I had 1 of these delta cell camera don't waste your money in 3 or 4 months I got alot of black pictures an it burns thru 12 batteries month it it on Crack or something I contacted moultrie many time they say use lithium batteries it I don't think that will help it maybe give it a couple more weeks of pictures I got 7 pics this month an the batteries are dead again they said you had bad signal so I have moved it it show 80 to 90 percent signal still does the same thing I'm very disappointed in these cameras an I have used moultrie cameras an feeders for yrs

Latest posts