Moultrie Delta Game Cameras

Andy S.

Thanks for sharing the link, great opportunity for those wanting to dabble in cellular cameras at a great introductory price point. The million dollar question is will they perform as advertised, and what is Moultrie customer service like if they do not. Time will tell as consumers deploy them and we get feedback.

TheLBLman

They're also the first cellular cams that will upload video to you that I know of.
The Browning cell cams have had this ability now for at least a year.
Having found that taking, then uploading videos eats the batteries, I'm seldom setting my cell cams to video mode now.
But nice to have the option.

I'm hoping that some of the new models (of various brands) coming out now for 2021 will have again improved battery life, maybe to the point that video mode starts being a better option for cell cams. Many made good leaps on battery life last year, but video uploads can really drain batteries fast.

Pioneer1789

I've got two 7000i cell cams. They aren't the end all be all, but decent cameras. For $80 and $8 a month cell plan, I figured I'd give one a try. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

philsanchez76

What is difference between at and tvand Verizon models
One will only use ATT towers and the other will use Verizon. You just have to know what service is the best in your area to pick which one. All other functionality would be exactly the same. And yes, I have one coming Tuesday. I have a real camera addiction.

Andy S.

Anxious to hear everyone's feedback. The initial reports about the Delta cellular I am getting from online hunting groups are not all that favorable. Decent, but not all that, maybe what one should expect for $79. Time will tell as more are deployed in the field. Not my report below, but I read it online, so sharing with the group.

FAAD1976-33E5-458E-86AB-D645E2FA25CD.jpeg

philsanchez76

Anxious to hear everyone's feedback. The initial reports about the Delta cellular I am getting from online hunting groups are not all that favorable. Decent, but not all that, maybe what one should expect for $79. Time will tell as more are deployed in the field. Not my report below, but I read it online, so sharing with the group.

View attachment 75449
Thx Andy. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow so I will get it set up and post a few comp pics too here in a few days.

Pioneer1789

Mine came in a couple days ago. Took a lot longer to activate than my 7000i cameras. Daylight photos are pretty good, but mine is giving me whiteout pics in the dark. Bunch of people are having this issue on Moultrie's Facebook page. They say they'll be fixing it with an firmware update. I guess I'll wait and see.

Pioneer1789

My camera is taking these white pics in low light.

Attachments

• downloaded637594307456851060.jpg
    downloaded637594307456851060.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 38

philsanchez76

Just set mine up in my backyard yesterday. It did take 3 tries to register the serial number on the mobile app which was a little frustrating. First impression was wow this is the largest camera ive owned since my first C battery cam from 2009. This thing is massive compared to my spy points- probably 2.5 times the size of the micro. No screen on the camera, meaning you just hold down a button for 5 seconds and the camera turns on and finds cell service etc. Took it about 4-5 minutes to find a signal but once it did it started sending pics. Daytime pics seem ok. haven't tested nighttime pics or video yet. Another bummer is the plans. Lowest cost plan for 100 pics per month (which is standard free service on my spy points) is 6.99. And this only includes 1 video sent to your phone! Granted once season starts I will get a beefier plan with more videos, but still. Will update once I get this cam out on my local WMA this week. So far my spy points and Bigfoot cams are looking pretty good though.

TheLBLman

Another bummer is the plans. Lowest cost plan for 100 pics per month (which is standard free service on my spy points) is 6.99. And this only includes 1 video sent to your phone!
THIS!

Generally speaking, the cams with lower up-front cost (just to buy the cam),
have less desirable monthly plans.

In other words, you may actually pay more over 12-24 months with a "cheap" cam than one that costs up-front a little more.

As an example, I have 6 cell cams on one of my "plans".
This "plan" allows up to 6 cams on the single plan.
The plan allows up to 12,000 images plus up to 150 video uploads.
High resolution HD uploads are also included ("free") up to 400 monthly.

This cost $12.50 monthly per cam.

Last edited:

Latest posts