Most OVERRATED hunting gear?

DeerCamp

ALL of it..............lol

My great uncle Mike hunted from the time he was old enough to legally hunt until his passing at 81. He never wore anything but red/black plaid Woolrich (hat, coat and pants)Northern rubber boots, never owned a deer call or used a single drop of cover scent. He carried a good weapon and killed more deer than anyone I know..........the old fashioned way. Hunting the woods, no shooting houses, ground blinds, etc.
He never owned a single piece of camo clothing in his life. LOL.

I have fallen for the latest/greatest gimmicks over the yrs. but am finding. Go back to the basics is working just fine for me as well, and I tag out every yr. with my deer kills.

It is a money making industry out there and the hunters are supporting it.

FDXX75

Shy of my GPS and maybe a trail cam, both help me to get to and locate deer. I can't think of a single other item I have purchased over the yrs. that actually walked a deer into my freezer.
I did a traditional hunt last year just like this. Left all the gear at home. Went all mountain man about it.

Didn't kill a thing, but it was fun.

DeerCamp

Truth but "Scent Slight Decreaser" just doesn't have that same ring to it from a marketing standpoint. :)
I've seen one field study where researchers took turns trekking out into a field and hiding to see if a dog could find them, both with and without spraying scent killer on their clothes and boots.

There was no statistical difference in the time it took for the dogs to follow their trail and find them.

And yet... I've got 2 bottles of scent killer setting on my hunting box.

UCStandSitter

I've seen one field study where researchers took turns trekking out into a field and hiding to see if a dog could find them, both with and without spraying scent killer on their clothes and boots.

There was no statistical difference in the time it took for the dogs to follow their trail and find them.

And yet... I've got 2 bottles of scent killer setting on my hunting box.
You talkin about the Seek One video? Not sure how much stock I put in them boys. Roy cries like a baby every time he shoots a big buck. Once I see a man act like that, it's hard to take him seriously.

Latest posts