• Help Support TNDeer:

Most OVERRATED hunting gear?

Bucket

Pee bottles you attach to the tree or your stand. Just pee on the ground. Deer find it fascinating. And if you pee out of your stand, you can call deer to you.
That reminds me of a story a hunting buddy told me. Several years ago - probably 20 - my buddy was all about scent-free hunting, including peeing in a bottle (he now knows better). A friend of his who had very little hunting experience told him he wanted to go with him and try to get his first deer. My buddy gives him the rundown of all the pre-hunt stuff he needed to do/bring, including the bottle for when nature calls. They hunt separate stands that morning and afterward my buddy goes and picks him up. He asked how the hunt was and the guy said he sure was glad he brought a big gatorade bottle because sure enough he had to go while up in the stand - except he misunderstood the concept and POOPED in the gatorade bottle! Then he put the lid back on and had it in his pack! I have no idea how he pulled it off.

Racknquack

No question, deer piss for me. It has NEVER worked for me. Scares em off every time I see a deer cross it. Swore it off.

Rakkin6

I pee in a bottle so I don't get it on my stand and boots lol. I bring 4 or 5 bottles of water with me for an all day hunt and just use them. Once I climb down they get emptied.

It may be little but it's cute.

BSK

I pee in a bottle so I don't get it on my stand and boots lol. I bring 4 or 5 bottles of water with me for an all day hunt and just use them. Once I climb down they get emptied.

It may be little but it's cute.
Pee bottles have shown me how old I'm getting. Back in my late 20s and early 30s, I could nearly fill a 20 oz Mellow Yellow bottle to the top in a single piss. Now, when I REALLY have to go, I barely cover the bottom of the bottle!

Rebel

I saw that at SHOT Show!
The guy couldn't sell hardly any and ended up giving me one.
Never used it as I always seemed to remember to bring the inside of my elbow to cough in to.
I always wondered if the cough silencer might double as a silencer for my 22??? Probably would have worked better than it did at silencing a cough!

jag1

Pee bottles have shown me how old I'm getting. Back in my late 20s and early 30s, I could nearly fill a 20 oz Mellow Yellow bottle to the top in a single piss. Now, when I REALLY have to go, I barely cover the bottom of the bottle!
I only laugh cause I'm getting to that stage in life. I actually think about how long I'll be driving and whether or not I should go before I leave. Getting older sucks.

Latest posts