Mossberg Patriot, any info?

Tenntrapper

I know these are "built to a price point" rifles, but does anyone have any first hand experience? Are they about same as the Axis, and American? Any better? Any worse? Thanks for any help

CHRIS WILSON

My brother had one for a while. He liked it. From the groups he showed me, it seemed to shoot well.
He'd probably still be shooting that rifle if he hadn't left a laser bore sighter in the barrel at the range one day while sighting in a new scope.

Tenntrapper

CHRIS WILSON":3btkraxv said:
My brother had one for a while. He liked it. From the groups he showed me, it seemed to shoot well.
He'd probably still be shooting that rifle if he hadn't left a laser bore sighter in the barrel at the range one day while sighting in a new scope.

Interesting. Did it split the barrel?

Urban_Hunter

CHRIS WILSON":33kgsybs said:

Lol dang! What happened?!

CHRIS WILSON

Tenntrapper":3m2jbfxu said:
CHRIS WILSON":3m2jbfxu said:

Interesting. Did it split the barrel?

Yep....got a picture somewhere on my phone. He just got a new rifle. Was going to cost more to fix it than what he paid for it.

CHRIS WILSON

He walked away unscathed....the rifle didn't fair near as well

Attachments

• 418.jpeg
    418.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,156

Jmed

I bought one this year, Patriot bantam in .350 legend. I was looking for the cheapest bolt action I could find in that caliber to be compliant with the Ohio "straight-walled cartridge" laws. The gun shot great. sub moa at 100 yards with that round. I will say they are "cheap" rifles. The plastic magazine, and the stock are places where costs were shaved down. The safety is a little "clicky" I do like the spiral fluted bolt and it has a nice little trigger for a $300 gun. My daughter has a Ruger American rifle and the Patriot seems a little cheaper, but it has done exactly what I bought it to do. On the opening morning in Ohio I took a nice 8 pointer, so I have no complaints about the purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_0406 (002).jpg
    IMG_0406 (002).jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • 59632243416__401100D0-6551-4F5C-ADBF-ED99E28B6015.JPG
    59632243416__401100D0-6551-4F5C-ADBF-ED99E28B6015.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,122

LanceS4803

I picked up a stainless and laminate wood .375 Ruger last year. A had to wait almost 2 years while they worked out a manufacturing bug on that caliber, and then wait for enough demand to make a run of them.

Surprisingly well built, although there is some play in the bolt when chambering a fresh round.

ROVERBOY

Does anybody shoot handloads in their Mossberg rifles. I'm not familiar with the Patriot but, had a 100 ATR, and the chamber was to tight for handloads. It was a .30-06 and my other rifles in that caliber would chamber all my handloads. I just shot factory in it. Also the extractor was very fragile. Broke 3 of them on mine.

REN

I got my son one in 243 and it actually shoots very well. Was an easy 1-1.5 group at 100yds with factory reduced recoil hornady ammo. Overall I have no complaints with it for what it is.

Latest posts