Morning field hunters

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Anyone hunt fields in the mornings? I'm in one right now for the first time in forever. I snuck in minutes after shooting light and could have shot a nice 2.5yo deer, but after he left and nothing is left in the field I have little confidence. I've always hunted fields in the afternoons, catching deer coming to feed at the end of a day of bedding, but I feel that the deer are now going off of the fields during the daylight hours after a night of feeding. Thoughts?

mike243

No moon out so probably didn't feed a lot after dark only way to find out is wait it out, this time of there year they may come through at any time

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Thanks gentlemen. I'm going to hang out here for sure, but I have to pull out by 10-10:30 to take care of some chores. At least hoping for a yote to trot through.

I know that I saw a bunch in the open during the morning a couple of days ago. Bucks chasing does everywhere

backyardtndeer

I have had pretty good luck the first hour after light hunting fields. But have seen them move and killed a few later on in the morning looking for does that were feeding.

rifle02

Hunted a field Thanksgiving morning saw a number of antlerless deer. Hunting the same stand in the same field today it's now 9:30 and I've seen zip. You just never know. I do like to be able to see some distance.