More trespassers

D

dgolden

Supporter
The last few weeks of deer season the deer disappeared. Checked a few cameras today and these fellas were all over our lease multiple nights. I’m assuming they’re raccoon hunting. Anybody have any thoughts? 1 4wheeler with a dog cage and 1 pulling a trailer.

I have Posted signs up, but I’ll be putting more up tomorrow. The land owner said nobody should be out there but us and the farmer. This makes me so mad!!

Attachments

• FA8D16B4-3E85-4254-A60D-1908DD66CBE3.jpeg
    FA8D16B4-3E85-4254-A60D-1908DD66CBE3.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 363
  • A91FC9CA-87F4-4414-974D-39C93714E39F.jpeg
    A91FC9CA-87F4-4414-974D-39C93714E39F.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 4F2D3203-0F33-44DC-883B-9B3829A2DB0D.jpeg
    4F2D3203-0F33-44DC-883B-9B3829A2DB0D.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 350
Billboy

Billboy

Supporter
That is very irritating. I have people and/or dogs on my property from time to time and it really ticks me off.

P

PRB

Supporter
You know the ol' coon hunters excuse, we cant control where the coons and the dogs run, and they dont know where the property lines are.
And Im sure they have several more excuses. I can understand your frustration but dont have a logical answer other than filing a report. I was going to say shoot them on the spot but BambieBuster said we can go to prison for that kind of reckless behavior.:rolleyes:

B

bbuck14

The problem is, only the land owner can press charges.
False. I’ve prosecuted 28 at last count and landowner never was involved. Charges from trespassing, shooting from road, baiting, hunting without permission, spot lighting, and shooting from a motorized vehicle. Commercial Appeal yrs ago mentioned me in it. Landowner never once went to court. Game Warden and I handled it.

R

redblood

Supporter
Not sure what pudgy on the 4 wheeler is doing in bright sunshine. Definitely not coon hunting

MUP

MUP

Supporter
False. I’ve prosecuted 28 at last count and landowner never was involved. Charges from trespassing, shooting from road, baiting, hunting without permission, spot lighting, and shooting from a motorized vehicle. Commercial Appeal yrs ago mentioned me in it. Landowner never once went to court. Game Warden and I handled it.
All the way thru the court proceedings to a conviction? I'm all about this! I'm a landowner tho and I can prosecute trespassers at my discretion, but I'd love to hear about the process to bypass the landowner's when you're leasing the property.

backyardtndeer

backyardtndeer

I believe that you have to have a letter from the landowner stating that you have sole exclusive rights. That was what I was told by our game warden probably 15 or so years ago, at that time we had sole permission on my neighbor.

B

bbuck14

I believe that you have to have a letter from the landowner stating that you have sole exclusive rights. That was what I was told by our game warden probably 15 or so years ago, at that time we had sole permission on my neighbor.
I never had a letter or nothing. Some properties I leased and a couple were just permission farms. Breaking the law is breaking the law! Gamewarden and I never had an issue prosecuting violators. For the 28 I did prosecute I probably caught twice that many I let go with just a good talking too. It was the habitual violators or smart butts I went after. This was over the course of like 24yrs. Commercial Appeals years ago mentioned me one time on what I had done with poachers. I never had a single poacher get off free.

U

UCStandSitter

Supporter
No excuse not to know property lines in this day and age. I’m sure someone in their party had a smartphone. Just plain disrespect

B

bbuck14

That's awesome! Kudos to you for going after them and not letting them off the hook! I was under the impression that the landowner had to sign off or actually press the charges themselves as well.
No sir I never needed them for any legal action to take place. This was with Game Wardens from 4 different counties as well.
Some poachers even had lawyers but it never made a difference. Game Wardens and Judges get along well. If the GW goes after them it usally sticks in court. It did 100% on my cases.

B

Boll Weevil

Oh they know where they’re at…guaranteed. That’s always the canned response. I mean who doesn‘t have a phone and know how to use the map app these days?

I had some guys a few years back joy riding and the first atv to come thru didn’t see the cam but the 2nd one did and covered their faces. Deputy was in their driveway mere hours after I got the photo and circulated among the neighbors. Send your pics to your neighbors and I bet you’ll know who it is in no time.

My response to “I was lost“ is “I don’t care.” Especially if a landowner has gone thru the trouble of posting their ground, it’s the responsibility of the trespasser to know where they’re at.

Zero tolerance and it’ll stop…word gets around fast.

B

bbuck14

Word gets around fast didn’t help in our case. I thought if I’d prosecute a couple word would get around and problem solved. Wrong it helped with the locals but we had people riding our roads from 2 counties away. It was a new group of people every season. We were in Fayette county and I caught 2 guys from Corinth 2 times one morning! It was a never ending battle with road hunters. When I lost that place it was a sigh of relief somewhat. If I mentioned the road name I’m sure it’s quiet a few on here that know why I had so much trouble. It was well known for deer and good deer. We had over a mile of road frontage on both sides of the road. No telling what went on we I wasn’t there.

F

FourWFarm

Supporter
I am not certain where you are, but I believe I have run these guys off my place in Fayette Co. several times in the past. Let's just say 3rd time was a charm and I got their attention.
They run beagles during the day and coon dogs at night.
If this is the same guys, I know where they stays.

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

You know the ol' coon hunters excuse, we cant control where the coons and the dogs run, and they dont know where the property lines are.
And Im sure they have several more excuses. I can understand your frustration but dont have a logical answer other than filing a report. I was going to say shoot them on the spot but BambieBuster said we can go to prison for that kind of reckless behavior.:rolleyes:
"BambieBuster" does not recall having said that, but if he did, it's not because he approves that "we can go to prison for that kind of reckless behavior." Again, if "BambieBuster" did indeed say that, look upon it as a public service announcement, not an endorsement of free-running, trespassing, dogs and hunters. :mad: :rolleyes:

Last edited: