More Diverse Commandos

sun

“I have a feeling that they need more educated people to enlist to fill some of the highly technical jobs.”

So going to poverty areas is going to accomplish this?
Remember, minorities are discriminated against so they don’t get an education.
BTW, the military is manned by high school graduates.
My ship didn’t run by college grads fixin stuff.
You never served, you don’t know.
They're probably visiting schools.
The recruits still need to pass a test to get in.
Too many people are overweight or can't pass the aptitude test.
That's causing problems for recruiters.

I knew a guy right out of college who got a great score on his Army test and they immediately arranged for him go to OCS.
He only joined to be able to go to grad school in a state of his choice, and to get paid to do it.

DaveTN

Supporter
Maybe black officers can motivate black shipmates to work harder without them claiming discrimination.
Absolutely. Because that’s work so well with Black Police Chiefs and Black Police Officers. 🤣

Victims are victims, no matter their race. Victims won’t make the cut in Special Forces of any branch of the military. They will ring the bell and have a multitude of reason why it was someone else fault.

sun

One of the first black green beret officers during Vietnam, Capt. Paris Davis, was nominated for the
Medal of Honor, but his paperwork was lost. Twice.
It's being blamed on racism.

Last edited:

Chiflyguy

They're probably visiting schools.
The recruits still need to pass a test to get in.
Too many people are overweight or can't pass the aptitude test.
That's causing problems for recruiters.

I knew a guy right out of college who got a great score on his Army test and they immediately arranged for him go to OCS.
He only joined to be able to go to grad school in a state of his choice, and to get paid to do it.

You’re wrong.
They’re not visiting schools.
They’re not taking the aptitude test.
They are all going to college to be creative.
My youngest is 17. He was one of five in his entire junior class to take the ASVAB.
I would probably think that most new members are from red states, likely the south. When I was in you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting a hillbilly.
People in red states and a few in blue states still love this country and find value and pride in serving their country.
I did. Hearing the National Anthem standing on the flight deck of a warship and saluting the flag will send a shiver down your spine.

iowavf

I think that increased diversity in the military will help grow the base of the GOP.
Military families are usually more conservative, and if the GOP advocates foreign policy that's favorable to black soldiers, then more of them will break with their Dem tradition and vote GOP.
Pretty early in the day to be drinking?

Rakkin6

You’re wrong.
They’re not visiting schools.
They’re not taking the aptitude test.
They are all going to college to be creative.
My youngest is 17. He was one of five in his entire junior class to take the ASVAB.
I would probably think that most new members are from red states, likely the south. When I was in you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting a hillbilly.
People in red states and a few in blue states still love this country and find value and pride in serving their country.
I did. Hearing the National Anthem standing on the flight deck of a warship and saluting the flag will send a shiver down your spine.
I agree during my whole time in the Army the majority of people are from the south and quite a few from the Midwest. Mostly Ohio, Indiana and Illinois (not Chicago). You would have a random guy from Maine or Montana but mostly guys from the south and Midwest.

Last edited:

Chiflyguy

Has a fairly recently retired Green Beret this makes me sick to my stomach, diversity for diversities sake is going to get people killed. In my Special Forces Qualification class there may have been 3 black guys. Can't remember the exact size of my entire class between the 4 MOS. But let's just say there were 100 of us that made it from selection through the Q Course. That is roughly 3% of my class and all the black soldiers in the Army have the same oppurtunity has these 3 soldiers did along with the 97 white guys. It is a volunteer Army and you have to go the extra mile to volunteer for Special Operations whether it is Special Forces, Ranger Battalion, Seals, etc. You can't force people to volunteer for these assignments it has to be a desire. And it is not only like that in Special Operations it is like that in the big Army also. When I was in the infantry in the 101st it was probably the same ratio of white to black. Maybe 3%to 5% black the rest white. For whatever reason it seems to me minorities tend to gravitate to the combat support side of the house. Not sure why this is but I will also say that combat support is needed and I am glad there are people who want to fill these rolls.
First of all, thanks for protecting my butt.
It’s guys like you that make me sleep well at night.
I had special forces dreams when I was younger.
I joined the Navy under the Seal,Diver, EOD program.
A few days before my first physical to qualify for BUDS, I jacked up my hamstring. That was the end of that.
Just ended up a fleet sailor playing with electricity.
But…..
I don’t have nor did I have the mentality to do the job.I knew it then and I still do to this day. My initial contract is in my parents basement in a box. I looked at it about a year ago.
The military is going to do two things.
1. Try to recruit inner city kids in blue states and fail miserably or recruit some and hope one at least makes it thru boot camp.
2. Start playing with the standards to go to the “Major Leagues” In that case we loose the edge against our enemies and put a lot of people at risk.

Steverino

First of all, thanks for protecting my butt.
It’s guys like you that make me sleep well at night.
I had special forces dreams when I was younger.
I joined the Navy under the Seal,Diver, EOD program.
A few days before my first physical to qualify for BUDS, I jacked up my hamstring. That was the end of that.
Just ended up a fleet sailor playing with electricity.
But…..
I don’t have nor did I have the mentality to do the job.I knew it then and I still do to this day. My initial contract is in my parents basement in a box. I looked at it about a year ago.
The military is going to do two things.
1. Try to recruit inner city kids in blue states and fail miserably or recruit some and hope one at least makes it thru boot camp.
2. Start playing with the standards to go to the “Major Leagues” In that case we loose the edge against our enemies and put a lot of people at risk.
My oldest wanted to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather who was in the UDT in WWII and Normandy. He did everything he could to get taken but never got to square one due to back surgery when he was much younger in a skiing accident. He then went to ROTC at UCONN and excelled until they found out the same thing - good bye. His last effort was to get on the Police Force where I worked. He made the second list - the PDs usually take veterans first (as they should) and he wasn't but he was a HS grad with a Masters in Teaching. So not a slouch. He ended up teaching college and HS and when they called up the second list he said thanks but no thanks. I say all this because any of the armed services could have found a place inside using his main weapon - his brain. Being an English major / with a minor in old English he could have easily been used in some teaching capacity, maybe working with recruits from the 'hood who got in - one of his assignments was teaching prisoners who were about to get released and he loved it. They instead were after his brother who had no interest or college and wasn't even as fit. No slam on brother - he just had other plans and is a brilliant computerist.

Chifly you got a great trade out of it and my dad was a fleet sailor (Third Powder Boy on the USS Texas) prior to volunteering for " some new exciting assignment " swimming in shark infested waters with just a shark knife and carrying lots of high explosives with machine guns going off all around him. He told me "never volunteer for anything unless you know what its about". He was 18. He'd roll over in his grave if he knew what was going on today.

iowavf

Come on man, which would you rather have defending you, the best people at what they do, or people chosen for their diversity? We’re in trouble if we ever need the present day military!

Chiflyguy

My oldest wanted to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather who was in the UDT in WWII and Normandy. He did everything he could to get taken but never got to square one due to back surgery when he was much younger in a skiing accident. He then went to ROTC at UCONN and excelled until they found out the same thing - good bye. His last effort was to get on the Police Force where I worked. He made the second list - the PDs usually take veterans first (as they should) and he wasn't but he was a HS grad with a Masters in Teaching. So not a slouch. He ended up teaching college and HS and when they called up the second list he said thanks but no thanks. I say all this because any of the armed services could have found a place inside using his main weapon - his brain. Being an English major / with a minor in old English he could have easily been used in some teaching capacity, maybe working with recruits from the 'hood who got in - one of his assignments was teaching prisoners who were about to get released and he loved it. They instead were after his brother who had no interest or college and wasn't even as fit. No slam on brother - he just had other plans and is a brilliant computerist.

Chifly you got a great trade out of it and my dad was a fleet sailor (Third Powder Boy on the USS Texas) prior to volunteering for " some new exciting assignment " swimming in shark infested waters with just a shark knife and carrying lots of high explosives with machine guns going off all around him. He told me "never volunteer for anything unless you know what its about". He was 18. He'd roll over in his grave if he knew what was going on today.
I read a book about the UDT in WW2.
It’s nuts what they went thru. Your old man was one great man. I appreciate him for killing Nazis. Had some family , very distant, killed in Poland by them bastards.
My oldest got disqualified by the Army ROTC for being on ADHD medicine a few years ago. He was mad but understood.

Greg .

sun said:
Maybe black officers can motivate black shipmates to work harder without them claiming discrimination.

Absolutely. Because that’s work so well with Black Police Chiefs and Black Police Officers. 🤣

Victims are victims, no matter their race. Victims won’t make the cut in Special Forces of any branch of the military. They will ring the bell and have a multitude of reason why it was someone else fault.
... AND a 'black' (half, anyway) president of the United States ...

Steverino

I read a book about the UDT in WW2.
It’s nuts what they went thru. Your old man was one great man. I appreciate him for killing Nazis. Had some family , very distant, killed in Poland by them bastards.
My oldest got disqualified by the Army ROTC for being on ADHD medicine a few years ago. He was mad but understood.
Thank you. Yes he was in many ways. He did get a Bronze Star also for assisting in capturing some Germans on the beach post landing. They were hiding in a pill box with lots of supplies to last weeks, They could have raised havoc there. We still have one of the German Soldier's belt and buckle.

I have distant relatives in Finland who lost a member of their family to the Communists during that time - never to be seen again.

BMan

The primary purpose of the U.S. military should be breaking things and killing people. We ignore that basic tenet at grave peril to our Republic.

That's far beyond the reasoning capability of your average libtard and 'rat. Actually, far beyond the reasoning capability of almost every libtard and 'rat. Kumbayah, man!

Latest posts