More bad decisions from the NFL

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
NFL refuses veterans’ ‘please stand’ Super Bowl ad
https://nypost.com/2018/01/23/nfl-rejec ... r-bowl-ad/

Seriously, Roger Goodell might be the most incompetent commissioner in all of the history of Sports. I really think the average 13 year old cold make better decisions.

Meanwhile the AFC and NFC title games hit a nine year low when you combine total viewers for both games. More alarmingly for the NFL, the ratings have declined nearly 20% for those games since 2014.

DaveB

DaveB

he is one of the liberal elite, thinks we are dumb rednecks.

Good, let him think that. the owners should fire him and invoke the clause that says he is hurting the game so he gets nothing of what is left on his contract.

It is too late, I have watched fewer than 10 seconds of football in two years and I am not alone based on the drop in viewership. This is costing the NFL a lot of money.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
"It's never been a place for advertising that could be considered by some as a political statement,"

BS!!!!

What was the last 3 years halftime shows all about???????

Look at the last 7 Super Bowls and tell us which one of them fit what was said above.

Double Standard , nothing more. The NFL can go to heck, I'm not watching.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
The only NFL related viewing I've done this season is the few seconds of sports coverage on the local news that comes on before I have a chance to turn the channel.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
DaveB":22kzqzmt said:
It is too late, I have watched fewer than 10 seconds of football in two years and I am not alone based on the drop in viewership. This is costing the NFL a lot of money.

Kinda. Technically the NFL won't hurt financially until they have to renegotiate their TV contracts in 2020(or maybe its 2021). Its the TV networks losing money right now. They will try to recoup their losses in a few years by paying way less(or not even bidding) for the rights to broadcast games...that's when the NFL will take a huge hit.

ImThere

ImThere

MUP":2y63vrlu said:
The only NFL related viewing I've done this season is the few seconds of sports coverage on the local news that comes on before I have a chance to turn the channel.
heck I have even been changing the local news when the nfl come on. I don’t have a clue what’s going on except 2nd hand from break room gossip at work. They can have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImThere

ImThere

BamaProud":106u3d4d said:
DaveB":106u3d4d said:

Kinda. Technically the NFL won't hurt financially until they have to renegotiate their TV contracts in 2020(or maybe its 2021). Its the TV networks losing money right now. They will try to recoup their losses in a few years by paying way less(or not even bidding) for the rights to broadcast games...that's when the NFL will take a huge hit.
we certainly can hope. I hope people can stick with not watching long enough that it will matter in 2020 or 2021 people have like a 18 min attn span.

B

BMan

BamaProud":3m3uqowi said:
DaveB":3m3uqowi said:

Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised to see the networks slap a lawsuit on the NFL for intentionally driving down the value of the contracted "goods" and try to recoup some $$$.

DaveB

DaveB

Hmmm, i am thinking the scale of payments from network to NFL slides based on viewership. I know TV stations get to charge more for advertising on the high rated shows and those are redone I think twice a year.

this is why contracts for people on tv shows are renewed annually. Viewership falls, income drops pretty quickly.

P

poorhunter

There are other things more important than money driving the NFL and their decisions. They certainly do love their money, but they have proven that agendas like LGBTQ and BLM are worth backing in spite of the monetary losses. There are many large companies that have also followed this example and continue to do so...promote these agendas, lose billions of dollars, continue to support and promote these agendas. Look at the EU. The crime rates and rapes and bombings etc have skyrocketed, yet they want MORE radical Muslims in their countries.

W

Whitetaillane8

I don’t watch any NFL games and I turn the channel when the news start to show highlights. I also try not to buy anything from any of the corporations that advertise with them.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
:|

Attachments

• Only 1.jpg
    Only 1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 458
B

brass magnet

Whitetaillane8":u5sgv4pw said:
I don’t watch any NFL games and I turn the channel when the news start to show highlights. I also try not to buy anything from any of the corporations that advertise with them.

Yep, I quit Papa Johns pizza, and go to Roma's, better ingredients ,better pizza, better selection, killer calzones. At the one in my area. :super:

Crappieaddict

Crappieaddict

The NFL certainly has earned it’s bad name. Political Correctness is getting out of hand in everything.

Wrangler95

Wrangler95

Whitetaillane8":1q9p0ghj said:

I'm like you,I don't watch pro football anymore,I really was happy when I heard the Titans got beat :super: :super:

Camp David

Camp David

The Obama era made everything political and/or racial. Bama Proud has commented several times about how climate change threads are started in the political forum.

Everyone these days gets offended by something and that gets assigned to a political party, who looks for things to be offended with, and if you don't agree with them, well, you just aren't as "enlightened" as they are. Either that, or they throw poo and run away to their safe place.

Oh, BTW, my wife and I resolved to not watch an NFL game this year, not even the Superbowl. We haven't missed it at all.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
What do we expect when sports is more important than education, even in elementary and high school? I won’t even watch the Super Bowl this year but know tons of so called conservatives that will regardless of what the NFL does.

R

Reaper

I have managed to not even know who is playing.