Mohawk armory so mad i cant see straight

matt_brown

OK. Last march I applied for 3 suppressors. One was a .223 on was a .22 LR integral and the other was a .30 cal suppressor. I received my paperwork for the integral suppressor before Christmas and I went to pick up my pistol no problem. I love it. It sounds great wouldn't ask for anything more. January I get a phone call he says I got your paperwork come get you " can" I go there he tries to bs me for a couple hrs till I start getting aggravated. He gives me a can that is not mime and does not match my serial number which could have got both are a$$put in prison and tells me that he will have it ready Monday. Well its Monday. I go by there after waiting 2 hrs he finally has his workers finish my suppressor. I get my can with the correct serial number and my paperwork and leave

January I get a text "when you gonna get your can and your paperwork. I go the next day to pick up my can he says well its not safe for you to shoot cause it had a bullet strike on it so I agree and leave my gun after 2 weeks I call and ask for my gun back. I've contacted him since asking for at least a refund on the suppressor and the only response I get is no . What can I do to get my money or my suppressor I don't want to get a lawyer because I'm going to have to much money tied up in this. I only gave $350 for the .223 $350 for the .30 cal and $300 for the integral suppressor. I'm to the point now to where I'm ready to forget him and start this cycle all over again like I should have in the first place eliteiron.com someone please help before I go over the edge on this shi!!y business

W C

This is why you buy NFA toys from a VERY reputable, nationally known manufacturer/dealer. You'll endure the same long wait for shiity work as you will for A+ top shelf work. In the end that economy stuff didn't save you a dime.

matt_brown

I know I know. I was trying to do the "right" thing and support the local guy. Paid up front expected the best and got the worst. he said he had to change the design. isn't that a felony???? I thought the atf had the design that you chose to use and that's what you produced if he is changing the design I want him to fail. I don't like getting taken advantage of. I understand that he is covered up by AR orders because of what happened in conn but he still needs to take care of us little guys instead of the big spenders

matt_brown

Isn't this fraud? I thought once the suppressor was in my name it had to be in my possession? What if this guy uses it in a crime or if it gets stolen? Who's the atf going to come looking for? Its in my name

W C

Yes, it's a problem for him if he refuses to release the suppressor when the Form 4 is approved to you or your Trust, LLC, Corp, etc. If you want to try and handle it 'nicely' you could tell him that you want 100% refund(you're still out $200 to the ATF) OR you're calling the ATF to report that he's holding your can hostage. They will be up his ass like PrepH and depending on what a visit by them to check his books reveals it might get real bad for him.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Piss on him. Call the ATF and let him try to explain to them what his hold up is. The ATF doesn't take to kindly to jackoffs....ask the guys at Red Jacket.

matt_brown

I sent him a text the other day saying " do you think I've not waited long enough? You've had a year to fix the suppressor and you haven't done anything. I will eat the $200 background check. can I just want my money back?" . his reply "no"

matt_brown

I agree especially since I just got off the phone with him and he told me that I've been a pain in his azz every since I knew the paperwork came back and that he was going to give my money back and he didn't ever want to hear from me again then he says no I'm not giving your money back I'm going to finish it and your going to like it. when I ask him when he was going to finish it he said it was going to be a long time because every time I call him he drags his feet that much longer.

Well... I hate it for the ol boy. I'm tired of getting screwed. I hope the atf has a field day with him. for all I care he can use that suppressor as a paper weight. Chalk that one up as a $550 mistake

matt_brown

I called the atf and this guy said that its not a big deal. He said that the guy could deny my business and I ask him what would happen to the paperwork he said just rip it up and throw it in the trash. I was kinda on edge when he said this. I said so I've got the form 4 in my name that says I own a suppressor and your telling me to rip the paper up and throw it in the trash but what happens if or when the atf comes to the house and wants to see the suppressors am I suppose to tell them that i never got it. I'm sure that is going to go over really well

I am beside myself I was expecting something a little different. kinda like kicking down doors with the guns blazing. Looks like I just lost $550 BTW. Don't do business with Mohawk armory.

W C

Did you call the NFA branch or just the ATF? BIG difference. I'd call back to the NFA branch and ask for Ted Clutter.

matt_brown

I called the knoxville field office resident agent in charge in Knoxville. I'm going to call the headquarters tomorrow and see what they have to say. I think all these guys around here are buddy buddy

Latest posts