ML kit recommendation?

Smo

Jim Kibler ….. but I think he only offers flintlocks.

But if you're taking the plunge…..😎👀🤓
You might as well get an real gun👍😁

They're several companies that offer parts sets/ kits in various stages of completion.

Most custom / semi custom builders are booked a year or more in advance .

The other option is an Italian made kit.. I have owned Factory made Italian guns that functioned as they should. But some have reported issues with lock geometry and failure too fire from these guns.

Unless you're just stuck on building a "kit"gun, I would look at finding a good used gun for around the same money ..

👍 Good Luck

Last edited:

Rancocas

Smo already covered it pretty well. But, besides Kibler, there are Jim Chambers, Track of the Wolf, Tennessee Valley Arms, Dixie Gun Works, and some others. These are generally "high end" and are not cheap however.
If you really want to try your hand at putting together a kit, unless you are an experienced woodworker, I would recommend one of the relatively "cheaper" kits from Traditions, or Lyman to start off and get some experience at putting these things together. Most of the work is already done for you with these kits. You might have to shave off a little wood here and there, then just screw it all together and put a finish on it.

Wobblyshot1

You need to check out FrontierGander. He does a pretty good job on kit guns. The link below is one he recently finished. He's done several before I believe.

I don't know your skill set but the upper end kits generally require a good working knowledge of traditional MLs and plenty of the proper tools.

Latest posts