Mitch McConnell vs Ashley Judd

eightpointer

Anybody see where good ole Mitch got taped with some other good ole boys talking about the ways to make ole Ashley look bad? All he could say when asked about it was how it was taped..it was taped. haha..politics at its finest.

Wildcat

Supporter
And just what is said in a "campaign office"????

Does anybody honestly think Obama never said anything bad about Romney or McCain or ever Hillary in his "campaign office"??? If anybody believes that then I have some ocean front property in Tennessee with some world record bucks that I will sell them CHEAP.

Just what does people think goes on in EVERY "campaign office"??

What was said was no big deal because that's what they do, they all are trying to WIN THE CAMPAIGN.

The office was BUGGED and that is a different story. It's against FEDERAL LAW to bug a campaign office and you will get 20-40 years in federal prison. no joke, it's a serious crime.

That is Watergate, that's the very thing that happened at the Watergate Building, they bugged the Democrat "campaign office".

The FBI is investigating the bugging and it is a serious crime. "Campaign offices are NOT swept unless the campaign pays for it and does it themselves. US Senators offices inside the Capitol ARE swept everyday.

Now Mother Jones said they KNOW it was NOT a Watergate style bugging and they were not part of it. HOW do they know?? Because the person that did it said so??? Or were they really a large part of it and they know what they did and did not do?????

I personally know Ashley Judd from the Kentucky ballgames by setting next to her for years. We both agreed not to talk politics at the ballgames so we got along there. I did see a change over here for the last few years that got worse and worse, she was not the same woman I knew and I quit going to those seats. Her own husband left her and she wrote in her book all the different problems she's had and been "treated" for.

Read the book and you will see nothing that was tapped was new.

On a side note, her own book can be used AGAINST her. If the new background checks pass she will NOT be able to pass the background check to buy a gun because the "treatments" are listed in there. Just goes to show how dumb some people are about the anti-gun bills that are being pushed.

http://news.yahoo.com/sen-mitch-mcconne ... 07269.html

fishboy1

And here is the ironic part.

Libs gleefully endorse, promote, and protect the commission of a FELONY CRIME against someone they don't know but somehow don't like, because they read somewhere that the victim said something mean about someone else they don't know but somehow like.

How manipulated are we these days?

waynesworld

I will say if anyone thinks that politicians on either side don't have the same types of meetings they are totally clueless. There are no races in the higher seats in gov that you can just sit around and talk about what you are going to do, and win. We the people are too stupid to look at a person as what they can and have done, we have to look at what garbage is spread about the other people.

Kirk

I loved the remark "there�s a haystack of needles, just because truly, there�s such a wealth of material" in response to how hard it would be to dig up dirt on her.

No defending either one of them. It is what it is. If you don't want to be subjected to scrutiny, stay out of politics.

eightpointer

Its just so ironic to me that one side says the other is so immoral and they are talking smack behind closed doors about this gal and just being mean...and the other side is always talking about the evil rich republicans and they bug the place. What a sorry group BOTH sides are.

fishboy1

Please define "talking smack" ?
Please include quotes of things actually said.
Please explain what qualifies as "being mean".
Of the things said, please qualify what was said that is ok to discuss, what should NOT be discussed, and specifically WHY for each example.

Finally, fact check each "mean" statement for accuracy and truth.

Then see if your opinions of what is "acceptable to discuss" or "mean" changes.

Without doing the above critical thinking evaluation, you are blindly THINKING, and FEELING what you are TOLD to feel and think, WITHOUT ACTUALLY THINKING for yourself.

Many good people in our country (of all beliefs) have fallen for this type of manipulation and wind up endorsing ideas and people they absolutely would NOT if they had done the critical thinking evaluations.

eightpointer

No fish...I heard the tapes and its up to me what I think is mean. But since you asked..I think them talking about the girl being mentally ill is cruel. Is it politics? sure it is. But it doesn't take a genius to know if somebody is being mean or not. If your Wife was running for office and had been in a mental hospital I think it wouldn't be nice to talk and joke about her like that. So YES I AM THINKING for myself. I don't have to do a bunch of digging or fact checking to know what I think. I'm not partial to one side or the other..I think they are both dirty dogs. Wake up and see something for what it is. I didn't say either side was right.

Pic IN the Casa

eightpointer said:
No fish...I heard the tapes and its up to me what I think is mean. But since you asked..I think them talking about the girl being mentally ill is cruel. Is it politics? sure it is. But it doesn't take a genius to know if somebody is being mean or not. If your Wife was running for office and had been in a mental hospital I think it wouldn't be nice to talk and joke about her like that. So YES I AM THINKING for myself. I don't have to do a bunch of digging or fact checking to know what I think. I'm not partial to one side or the other..I think they are both dirty dogs. Wake up and see something for what it is. I didn't say either side was right.

Where were you when your side was making cracks about McConnell's wife a few weeks ago?

Where were you when your side was making fun of the Palins autistic child?

I could go on and on and on about how CLASSLESS the left is. Want me to?

The fact is, it may have been mean but what was said was the truth.

fishboy1

So let me follow the bread crumbs you threw me and see if I understand.

1. You stated that it is "mean" to discuss someone's mental disorders?
Does it matter how that information is obtained? Does it change the "mean" factor if that person already came out publicly about their mental problems in a book THEY wrote?

Is it ok for that someone to use their negative life experiences to their benefit (fame,book sales) thereby putting them out into the public, BUT then expect those same experiences to be off limits for discussion for any purpose other than advancing the mentally ill party?

2. Should mental disorders be forbidden from consideration when evaluating someone for a job? Is it different for different positions?

IF mental health is a NON ISSUE when running for office, would you feel the same way about hiring a nanny for your 4 year old children? What about as YOUR personal caretaker if you were incapacitated in some way?

Does having a history of depression, suicidal thoughts, substance abuse problems, and hospitalization for mental issues some how INCREASE one's qualifications for setting policy that can affect everyone in their constituency?

3. Should the qualification bar be set very low for people running for public office?

4. Should we allow felony crimes to be committed against innocents in an effort to advance and protect the mentally ill?

5. When a crime is committed, should the focus be on the CRIME, the PERPETRATORS, and bringing them to justice? OR Should we ignore the crimes committed because they were perpetrated against "mean" people?
IF so, WHO gets to declare someone "mean"?
What crimes are allowed against "mean" people?
Who determines what laws apply and when, and conversely What laws are ignored, by whom, and under what circumstance?

6. Is our country a country of LAWS equally applied to ALL, or are we a country based on the Whim of men who determine the rules that we the peasant class must obey and the chosen class can ignore without penalty?

Crappie Luck

Staff member
eightpointer said:
Anybody see where good ole Mitch got taped with some other good ole boys talking about the ways to make ole Ashley look bad? All he could say when asked about it was how it was taped..it was taped. haha..politics at its finest.

I agree. We should totally ignore the felony committed and discuss the topic of thier conversation instead.

Watergate anyone?

haha, selective outrage at it's finest....

eightpointer

Pic IN the Casa said:
eightpointer said:

Where were you when your side was making cracks about McConnell's wife a few weeks ago?

My side? I guess you are inferring I'm a Democrat? Don't know how you figure that. But you are wrong.

eightpointer

Crappie Luck said:
eightpointer said:

I agree. We should totally ignore the felony committed and discuss the topic of thier conversation instead.

Watergate anyone?

Not selective on my part CL..I said all along both sides are crooked.

haha, selective outrage at it's finest....

Wildcat

Supporter
eightpointer said:

And just what do you think goes on inside a "campaign office"????

They were NOT making any remarks PUBLIC but in the PRITATEY of the "campaign office" with nobody in there but the campaign people. Mother Jones made it public.

I have never met you or your wife and I know you and I have had our spats on here over the years. In the privatively of your own home I'll bet you have said "some things" to your wife about me after getting off the PC.

Now tell me what is the difference??????

Now say one of the members paid one of your kids friends to plant a bug and we taped what you said to your wife about me.

Now we would be breaking the law, right???

In the PRIVATEY of their company offices what do you think Coke people say about Pepsi??? This is a honest question.

Here's another honest question.

Would you want a United States Senator in office with a history of mental illness ????? What about someone running for president of the USA and he has a history of mental illness and CANNOT PASS A GUN BACKGROUND CHECK ?????

Wildcat

Supporter
eightpointer said:
Pic IN the Casa said:
eightpointer said:

My side? I guess you are inferring I'm a Democrat? Don't know how you figure that. But you are wrong.

Try the history of your posts. It's not that hard for anybody to guess which side you really support.

Latest posts