Mississippi Opener

BHC

I hunted the Al opener this past sat. Not a single gobble and other guys I talked to had the same luck.... Ready for Tn youth! Goin to pull some game cams today maybe I'll have some good pics to post...

drrxnupe

I passed by the National Forest off hwy 30 yesterday while headed backed to Nashville. I did see the burn. Looks like it was a large area. I hunted all weekend in Oxford. Didn't hear or see anything Saturday but got some action Sunday. They are still flocked in large groups. Although toms responded to my yelps, I couldn't get them to leave the group. Needless to say, i wasn't able to sneak in close for a shot.

WMAn

Poser,

You have never had any luck walking up on hogs before? Where I used to hunt in Mississippi, I regularly walked within shotgun range of them as long as I had the wind in my favor.

I was scouting ducks once, and I walked along a large tree that had been blown down. When I rounded the end of the tree, I walked up on a group of sows. There was one really large sow, two to three in the fifty pound class, and then a mess of piglets. The crazy thing was the piglets were huddled together in the base of a big cypress tree while the sows were rooting around. For the few minutes I stood there, I could have hit any of them with a rock, until they got wind of me and left.