• Help Support TNDeer:

missing boater on chickamauga

waterman

2 of 3 boaters rescued near sequoia nuclear plant. as of 7:15 last night searching for third with sonar. 60* water with 10 mph winds. this was last report from wbir. anyone heard if they found third boater?

EastTNHunter

I hadn’t heard about that. That’s terrible. Lots of water turbulence there due to the plant discharge, and water is already moving pretty good right now anyway.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

hatnotch

Seen an update on the story a couple hours ago, I believe it was from TWRA on FB. Stated they were still looking for the missing woman and stated her name. Also noted that all 3 people in the canoe were not wearing life jackets. Terrible story and luckily 2 of them were rescued. Could have been a lot worse. Be careful out there.

EastTNHunter

People think that they are good swimmers, but don’t account for the extra layers of clothes and boots that they have on and that they will absorb water and weigh them down. Throw in the fact that you likely will not go in in an expected fashion, colder water temperature, etc, and it is a recipe for disaster.

I was getting onto my daughter today because she was more interested in looking cute than tightening her life jacket over her layers of clothes. I explained to her that if she were to go in that she could easily slip out of the vest. Many people don’t even wear a PFD, and I don’t understand that at all.

Please wear your PFDs, and wear them correctly.

Hduke86

Seen an update on the story a couple hours ago, I believe it was from TWRA on FB. Stated they were still looking for the missing woman and stated her name. Also noted that all 3 people in the canoe were not wearing life jackets. Terrible story and luckily 2 of them were rescued. Could have been a lot worse. Be careful out there.
Crazy that they were 3 deep in a canoe out on that part of the river with NO life jackets on. There had to be whitecaps rolling out there from the wind for sure. Sad someone lost their life over not wearing at least a $10 life jacket. Winter time out on the river is totally different compared to the warmer months when there’s tons of boaters and jet skis that could possibly saved this family the heartache.

FTG-05

Crazy that they were 3 deep in a canoe out on that part of the river with NO life jackets on. There had to be whitecaps rolling out there from the wind for sure. Sad someone lost their life over not wearing at least a $10 life jacket. Winter time out on the river is totally different compared to the warmer months when there’s tons of boaters and jet skis that could possibly saved this family the heartache.
I thought it was a requirement to wear a LJ when on TN rivers? When we went kayaking down the Elk River last summer, two TWRA officers came tearing up the river, they slowed and wanted to see our LJs. Two of us were wearing them, the third had it at his feet, seemed to satisfy the officers.

Hduke86

I thought it was a requirement to wear a LJ when on TN rivers? When we went kayaking down the Elk River last summer, two TWRA officers came tearing up the river, they slowed and wanted to see our LJs. Two of us were wearing them, the third had it at his feet, seemed to satisfy the officers.
Not on all parts of the river. Kids have to have it on at all times but certain sections “adults” don’t have to wear on but just have enough in the vessel for everyone. Like below Chickamauga dam from the railroad bridge to the dam you have to wear one but below the bridge you don’t.

Wiley

In AL, on the TN river, boaters are required to have one PFD in the boat for each occupant of the boat. They are only required to actually be worn by those 12 and under, anybody on a PWC, skis, tube, etc and when within 800 feet of a TVA dam. River systems other than the TN river have different requirements when near a dam.

Kirk

Supporter
The canoe accident victim was found around 2:30PM.

Attachments

• TWRA boating Victim found.PNG
    TWRA boating Victim found.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 113

redblood

Crazy that they were 3 deep in a canoe out on that part of the river with NO life jackets on. There had to be whitecaps rolling out there from the wind for sure. Sad someone lost their life over not wearing at least a $10 life jacket. Winter time out on the river is totally different compared to the warmer months when there’s tons of boaters and jet skis that could possibly saved this family the hearta

Latest posts