Mineral rights

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
The house we bought back in Aug it's on almost 11 acres, and is surrounded by old bowater property. And that property has oil wells all over it. There is actually a oil well pretty close to my property line. I never gave mineral rights much thought till after we bought the house. There was no mention of it at closing or on the deed. I was wondering how close would a well have to be for me to get free natural gas? Or how does one find out about mineral rights of their property? And if I do own the mineral rights, is it possible to have a well dug on it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Mineral rights

More than likely the oil and gas book for that portion of Morgan County is the one that’s missing. There’s a whole area around Sunbright where an attorney can’t even give you a mineral opinion because the records are missing. That’s Morgan County for ya lol That was specifically spelled out in the two title opinions I’ve gotten in that area, but that just depends on how good of an attorney worked it.

As someone that has been a defendant in a mineral rights case, this topic is complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA man

LA man

Re: Mineral rights

Im not sure about tn. But in louisiana if a well is within 1/4 mile of your land you get a check till the well runs dry

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Mineral rights

BTW, the Pembertons in that area almost always reserved minerals when they sold the surface. So they owned a lot of it.

I’ve done some research for you. You need to see what the Pembertons transferred to CPP. It looks like they sold surface as well as mineral. Minerals were sold in two different descriptions. If that descriptions exist as public record, they will give some description. This description may not have good boundaries and may just reference previous deeds prior to other sales and that sort of thing but if you take many hours and research the deeds, you might piece it together. But again, that public record may not exist because of what I mentioned earlier with Morgan Co. You need 00100M001013 and 00100M002013. That’s at least a start anyway, it is possible there could be another mineral claim that encompasses your property. It’s also possible you own your minerals. Some good reading on this subject in the area can be found by looking up a case titled something like Currence v. Harrogate Energy. No one can begin to explain how this works in post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk