MIG welder?

TN RDG RNR

Supporter
I'm looking to buy a mig/ tig welder and a plasma cutter (single phase). Saw several on CL. Miller, Lincoln, Snap-On ect.... Question is; I want to get one that I will be forever satisfied with. Will be working on everything from heavy equipment to mufflers.

$2000 budget

Any suggestions?
Brand, model...
Thanks

pressfit

Dont cheap out on one.. get a good one.. miller or lincoln.. I have a millermatic 250 wire feed.. had it probably 10 years.. you can turn it down to where it wont hardly melt the wire or so hot you can almost cut 1/2 plate..LOL.. I had a Esab plasma it was a good machine, I had to buy it to do 1 job.. I had to cut some 3/4 stainless castings.. after that I used it maybe 2-3 times and finally sold it on ebay..

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
Used mig and tig for 14+ years and we always had Miller's and they are awesome.
These were some big ones though, think they were wired 440.

Used it alot building stuff and filling in before laying the cutting edge down with the tig.
Also used one for production. CONSTANT non-stop welding for hours on end.
Lead would get so hot you had to use two gloves but they never missed a beat.

Not sure about the plasma cutter we used. It was a good one but I can't remember the brand it was.

TN RDG RNR

Supporter
Found a like new Hobart Ironman 210 with bottle. Think I can get it just under $1000. Seems like a good deal? Anyone had any experience with these migs.

Thanks

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
Hobarts are good welders.

I have used a few.
The migs that weren't millers were hobarts at work.

CATCHDAWG

Yep, good machine! Hobart is made by Miller and that don't sound like a bad price. Make sure YOU can exchange the bottle, sometimes they are on a lease in someone's name.

Latest posts