Middle TN Duck Hunters

44fanatic

R.I.P.
My duck hunting mentor, RelocatedDuckHunter, has moved to CO and I am now high and dry when it comes to duck hunting. Hunted last year and fell in love with it...but don't have the experience or equipment (other than basics) to go it on my own. Ive been working on my calling but do believe it is still at the point where I will scare ducks off in the next county.

So, if'n anyone out there has a kind heart, and wants to take this old man under their wing, I look forward to the opportunity to develop a new friendship. I will contribute what I can, with wifes approval (yep, I do ask for the �kitchen pass�). Have a dozen filler decoys and mallard mojo and the ability to make plenty of weights.

Live in Clarksville so anywhere from Nashville to Paris would work out great.

Ragweed

Hey Bill,
I'm kinda in the same boat as you I'm new to the clarksville area and I really wanna find a group of people to hunt with. What I really need is some people to shoot some ducks while I work my retriever for the first three or four hunts. He's been in school for eight months and I wanna really watch him so I can establish good habits with him. So, maybe we can help each other out some. If nothing else we can work together to find some hunting. PM me of your interested in talking more.

thetoolman

I am in the Ashland City area and just started Duck Hunting last year. Wouldn't mind finding some new friends to share a blind with. Usually pretty easy to hop a blind at Cheatham I hear, also may have an opportunity to hunt Haynes Bottom some this year. Feel free to PM me and maybe we can work out a few hunts this year.

benellivol

Good luck to you all. I spent a lot of years hopping blinds at Haynes and Cheatham before getting on a lease in Arkansas.

You can kill them at Haynes when it gets miserably cold. Blinds 24 and 25 at Cheatham in Dyson's Ditch are where you'll have the most consistent success.

I believe it was 46 in the Slough we had one year that was fairly good.

JDP

Ragweed, I'd love to get you a few hunts with some work for your dog but im afraid you/he would be disappointed. If you want to duck hunt on Ft Campbell with me some let me know.

relocatedduckman

Just a reminder to the duck hunters here.. Bill (44fanatic) passed away Saturday while deer hunting on fort Campbell.. Sad day for sure. I'm flying in from Colorado tomorrow for the funeral. He was a true friend and I'm deeply saddened by this.. Thanks for attempting to pick up the slack after I left and moved to Colorado. Duck hunters are an awesome breed of folks..

Thanks again from one hunter to another.. He will be missed..