Micro camper

Rackseeker

Dang @Rackseeker that camper looks great and will look amazing when finished. Are you going spraying all sides and what color?
I was going to spray it myself with a kit from superliner.com but think I will let either Bullet liner or LineX spray it. Was going charcoal grey but when I seen the cost difference probably just go with black. Once I get my fenders finished I'm going to coat the frame with Raptor liner.

Hduke86

I was going to spray it myself with a kit from superliner.com but think I will let either Bullet liner or LineX spray it. Was going charcoal grey but when I seen the cost difference probably just go with black. Once I get my fenders finished I'm going to coat the frame with Raptor liner.
Man that charcoal grey would look great. Would you worry about it being black and getting hot out in the sun?

Rackseeker

Man that charcoal grey would look great. Would you worry about it being black and getting hot out in the sun?
Yea, I have thought about that. I'm still not totally decided on which route to go. Even though most of the use will be spring , fall and winter. There is a company in KY that builds offroad teardrop campers and he is set up to spray the ones he builds. I can buy the same liner and gun for cheaper than I can have it done and with alot more color choices. I have been to his shop, great fella and awesome operation. They are pricey also, thats the reason I'm building my own. Although mine is bare bones compared to all the features on theirs. www.cedarridgecampers.com

Last edited:

Hduke86

Yea, I have thought about that. I'm still not totally decided on which route to go. Even though most of the use will be spring , fall and winter. There is a company in KY that builds offroad teardrop campers and he is set up to spray the ones he builds. I can buy the same liner and gun for cheaper than I can have it done and with alot more color choices. I have been to his shop, great fella and awesome operation. They are pricey also, thats the reason I'm building my own. Although mine is bare bones compared to all the features on theirs. www.cedarridgecampers.com
Yikes I just quickly did a "build sheet" on one and while they are "nice". My quick "basic" build was $29,020 😂. Yes I see why you built your own and heck at least if something wasn't working correctly on yours then you know how it was wired or plumbed to get to it.

Rackseeker

I did the same as you.

WOW. I am way behind on what things cost I guess.

But the way i see it, Rackseeker will have a much better rig.

Just my 2 cents.

They build awesome units, I think he said he was going all composite on the body in the near future because the baltic burch he uses comes from Russia and it was getting hard to get. But what I'm going to use it for and the difference of near $24k , I feel alot better about it. Sales were booming on these small units when gas prices and tow vehicles went crazy.

Wade195

Not really, LOL....... I did get the exterior sprayed last week. Been working on the fenders here and there. My motivation has been lacking here lately. I have had couple other projects to finish up also.
Sounds great.

What color did you choose?

Rackseeker

Got some fenders built and nice coat of epoxy primer on them.
812F073A-CEC2-4926-98C8-715E551EBDA3.jpeg

Latest posts