Michigan v Ohio State

7mm08

I think I'll stay.

You like to needle me about my profession as if I have never heard those jokes before (its kinda creepy that you know so much about me). Try harder. But I have to ask, what do you do for a living?
The entire internet AND world makes fun of your profession!
1669593035748.jpeg

That took 15 secs.
Most of time it takes JUST a great pair of teats to become a weather person so don't take your profession so seriously. BUT, I have to say the warnings for sometimes serious weather predictions are appreciated.

You get on a TN website and for years a rip us a new one when Bama beats the crap out of us and then expect " us illiterate UT fans " not to rip into you , or ask a guy what he does for a living?? You need to grow a spine my friend. Oh, that's just my cardiac surgery PA training and profession for close to forty years coming thru( if you want to compare your honorable profession to others) It doesn't really matter what any of us do as we are on this site to learn about deer hunting, shoot some crap with like minded folks, and to some of us be proud for once in a decade of a bunch of 3stars kicking your 5 stars arse!! It's just a game, but maybe that's the problem…… you have for years told everyone on here you own betting stocks, you post your bets and so maybe just maybe you can't get over losing money on Bama this year to us illiterate rednecks from TN.

RobbyW

031C9185-4DFA-4648-876E-D598FB0E1A34.jpeg

So SEC has 5 NC
ACC2 NC
Big10 1 NC

SEC 14 playoff wins
Everyone else 10

Yeah they are equal. You can not compare no other conference is even close to the SEC. The SEC needs to break away from the NCAA and have their own league so other conferences can win a NCAA championship

Mescalero

UGA to to that list this year
Guys, respectfully, I don't get it. You'll have to explain it to me. If I was a fan of Alabama or Georgia, this would drive me nuts. Fans of other SEC teams claiming CFP appearances and national championships by association. It's the equivalent of a Rutgers fan claiming the CFP appearance of Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State and Ohio State's wins and 2014 title or a Wake Forest fan doing the same with Clemson's. And here, it's a Kentucky fan and a Tennessee fan. At least Tennessee sniffed the CFP this the ninth year of the CFP until the winds changed against your team. Kentucky. Really? Your head football coach has the absolute best contract in college football. All he needs to do is win 7 games and he gets a year added to the contract, money added to his annual comp, and money added to his buy out Seven games!!!!! That gets a head football coach fired at Alabama and Georgia and Ohio State.

13 teams have made the CFP. Three from the SEC, three from the Big Ten, one from the Big 12, two from the ACC, two from the Pac 12, one independent, and one from the AAC. I only see Alabama, Georgia, and LSU from the SEC. Did I miss all of the others and their national championships too?

Spurhunter

Guys, respectfully, I don't get it. You'll have to explain it to me. If I was a fan of Alabama or Georgia, this would drive me nuts. Fans of other SEC teams claiming CFP appearances and national championships by association. It's the equivalent of a Rutgers fan claiming the CFP appearance of Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State and Ohio State's wins and 2014 title or a Wake Forest fan doing the same with Clemson's. And here, it's a Kentucky fan and a Tennessee fan. At least Tennessee sniffed the CFP this the ninth year of the CFP until the winds changed against your team. Kentucky. Really? Your head football coach has the absolute best contract in college football. All he needs to do is win 7 games and he gets a year added to the contract, money added to his annual comp, and money added to his buy out Seven games!!!!! That gets a head football coach fired at Alabama and Georgia and Ohio State.

13 teams have made the CFP. Three from the SEC, three from the Big Ten, one from the Big 12, two from the ACC, two from the Pac 12, one independent, and one from the AAC. I only see Alabama, Georgia, and LSU from the SEC. Did I miss all of the others and their national championships too?
Agree 1000%. I will never understand the SEC allegiance. Why would I want my most hated rivals to win more trophies, get more recruits, and get stronger??? If there is anything in college sports more stupid than this besides men playing against women I want to hear it.

BamaProud

The entire internet AND world makes fun of your profession!

That's my point. I've heard it all. It doesn't phase me a bit.

...By the way, bad weather is expected Tuesday, especially north Mississippi into west TN. Yall stay safe.

Trey13

That's my point. I've heard it all. It doesn't phase me a bit.

...By the way, bad weather is expected Tuesday, especially north Mississippi into west TN. Yall stay safe.
So it's gonna be nice weather

THEdonkey0515

Never said I was for UGA or I was hoping UGA would win? Just stating a fact UGA will add to that list.

I was rooting for Georgia Tech Saturday lol. Will probably pull for TCU if they get in.

I would pull for UGA over Ohio st or USC

Mescalero

Never said I was for UGA or I was hoping UGA would win? Just stating a fact UGA will add to that list.

I was rooting for Georgia Tech Saturday lol. Will probably pull for TCU if they get in.

I would pull for UGA over Ohio st or USC
I'm with SpurHunter. Georgia or Alabama getting into the CFP and winning it again just makes it harder on your favorite team to catch up. You have to take off your Southern boy glasses and put on your Big Orange glasses.

My biggest fear is Michigan winning it all, and I think they will. They are the best team. All of you Southern boys will laugh, but you will find out. I'm hoping Alabama slides to #5 tomorrow night. Michigan will absolutely destroy either TCU or USC with their run game against two awful run Ds. Those high flying offenses will get six possessions and be strangled by an NFL style defense just like Ohio State was. They will sit back in cover 2 shells and control USC's/TCU's run game with only six in the box. Michigan is the Baltimore Ravens. But I think one of TCU or USC loses Saturday. That allows Alabama to slide into #4 and the Committee will design it so the SEC teams don't play in the semi-finals. Alabama gave up 318 yards rushing to Auburn and will get absolutely blasted by Michigan. The Bama O-line made up of 5 star hot shots that has underperformed all year will be dominated and their WR room is inept. I'll feel sorry for Bryce Young in that game and just hope he makes it out without injury. Georgia isn't last year's Georgia. Like Ohio State, their offense seems to sleep walk through halves. Unlike Ohio State, their QB isn't a p***y and will run the ball so that might help, but the Georgia run game isn't going to bail them out this time against that defense.

Laugh away, but get ready for it. I am. Like I said, this is my biggest fear as an Ohio State fan and it's going to be realized.

PillsburyDoughboy

I'm with SpurHunter. Georgia or Alabama getting into the CFP and winning it again just makes it harder on your favorite team to catch up. You have to take off your Southern boy glasses and put on your Big Orange glasses.

My biggest fear is Michigan winning it all, and I think they will. They are the best team. All of you Southern boys will laugh, but you will find out. I'm hoping Alabama slides to #5 tomorrow night. Michigan will absolutely destroy either TCU or USC with their run game against two awful run Ds. Those high flying offenses will get six possessions and be strangled by an NFL style defense just like Ohio State was. They will sit back in cover 2 shells and control USC's/TCU's run game with only six in the box. Michigan is the Baltimore Ravens. But I think one of TCU or USC loses Saturday. That allows Alabama to slide into #4 and the Committee will design it so the SEC teams don't play in the semi-finals. Alabama gave up 318 yards rushing to Auburn and will get absolutely blasted by Michigan. The Bama O-line made up of 5 star hot shots that has underperformed all year will be dominated and their WR room is inept. I'll feel sorry for Bryce Young in that game and just hope he makes it out without injury. Georgia isn't last year's Georgia. Like Ohio State, their offense seems to sleep walk through halves. Unlike Ohio State, their QB isn't a p***y and will run the ball so that might help, but the Georgia run game isn't going to bail them out this time against that defense.

Laugh away, but get ready for it. I am. Like I said, this is my biggest fear as an Ohio State fan and it's going to be realized.
Ive not seen USC play at all this year so really cannot comment on them. Watched a little of TCU play and they look small and slow compared to the SEC teams I have watched this year. Ditto compared to the Michican and Ohio State game I watched this weekend. They will get crushed for sure if they make it to the top 4. Michigan V Georgia I think for it all at this point.

Mescalero

Ive not seen USC play at all this year so really cannot comment on them. Watched a little of TCU play and they look small and slow compared to the SEC teams I have watched this year. Ditto compared to the Michican and Ohio State game I watched this weekend. They will get crushed for sure if they make it to the top 4. Michigan V Georgia I think for it all at this point.
I haven't watch a lot of USC either, but have seen some of their games. To me, Caleb Williams is the best QB in college football and will win the Heisman and should. I also think Bryce Young is incredible and will be a great pro. Just hope he can hold up physically. Just fyi, CJ Stroud is a second rounder at best and I think will be a bust. He won't run the ball. If everything is perfect and he's not under pressure, he's deadly with his arm talent, accuracy, and anticipation, but it's not often perfect in an NFL pocket.

Scoring and passing yardage in the NFL is at a two decade low, yet yards per carry and FGs are at all time highs. Why is that? These things are cyclical. The high scoring spread offenses of college (remember the ones that Saban resisted) trickled up to the pros. NFL DCs have figured out how to deal with them. NFL defenses are playing a lot of two deep coverages with only six in the box. Bend, don't break and keep everything in front. Buckle down in the red zone and force FGs. Michigan got into Ohio State's red zone only two times on Saturday. Kicked a FG and would have had to kick another but were bailed out by a stupid DPI in the end zone on third and long. Michigan had 5 other plays each for over 45+ yards for all of their other scores. Ohio State played cover 1 and cover 0 m2m all game to stop the run and gave up 5 explosive plays.

How are NFL offenses responding? By running the ball and having a QB who can also run the ball (e.g., Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, Patrick Mahomes). The days of Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, and the statues are over. NFL offenses are having to be patient and running the ball until something breaks. The Titans are very well set up for this which is why I think they drafted Malik Willis so hopefully he can get coached up, because NFL teams and college team still have to pass. But its run the ball until something breaks and/or force the D to bring one of those safeties into the box and then call for the downfield pass. This will all come back around. Michigan right now is the Baltimore Ravens because last year's and this year's Michigan DCs both came from the Ravens. Michigan played the two deep all game long because Ryan Day is too impatient to keep running the ball. He abandoned it even though the inside zone and gap scheme runs were generating 6.0 YPC. Instead he went back to what he's done all season and used the bubble screens, RB toss, and wide zone run game to force Michigan into a horizontal game thinking that would bring the safeties into the box. It never worked against Notre Dame, Penn State, or the lesser talented teams the first 11 games and didn't work against Michigan. And when the QB is a p***y and won't keep it and run, the result is preordained. I listened to Harbaugh's post-game presser and he was asked if he was worried going into halftime having rushed for only 10 yards to that point. He said, "no, wasn't worried. Gotta keep at it. It just wears you down. Eventually something breaks." Michigan rushed for 92 yards on 33 carries (2.7 YPC), but then in the fourth quarter it got two runs for 75 yards and 65 yards.

Michigan is the leading edge of college football now as the offense v defense v offense trend recycles back to the college game. This will be very interesting to watch it play out in the playoffs.

Question for the Georgia fans. I only saw bits and pieces of your game vs. Tennessee, but I bet Muschamp ran a ton of 2 deep safety coverages with only 6 in the box. Is this true?

Last edited:

THEdonkey0515

I'm not a SEC SEC SEC guy eighter I just pick who I like and root for them.

Like I said I would be for TCU over UGA. Just because the horned frogs got no respect, and would be the underdogs.

If Bama was in the playoffs I would root against them no matter who they played including Ohio st. Because I hate Bama that much.

I couldn't pull for USC or UGA I don't care about it hurting UT down the road or whatever.

Trey13

I'm sure u thought UM would beat UGA last year also.

Gravey

Agree 1000%. I will never understand the SEC allegiance. Why would I want my most hated rivals to win more trophies, get more recruits, and get stronger??? If there is anything in college sports more stupid than this besides men playing against women I want to hear it.
I'll admit in days gone by I would pull for the SEC no matter what and still do somewhat in bowl games depending on which school we're talking about but when it comes to the CFP no way. Like you said that does nothing to help the Vols if another SEC school wins a natty.

Latest posts