Memphis USPS a bunch of thieves?

TNReb

Is Memphis USPS just full of thieves?

I have never had a problem mailing anything in my life.... EXCEPT twice. Both times the item went through Memphis. The envelope had been opened and the contents were stolen - both times - a year apart.

My dad mailed a package in January. The tracking # says it was last scanned in Memphis on Feb 1.. and it has been lost ever since. It was worth a couple hundred dollars. Pathetic...

rabbit hunter

That's why I hate they changed it in Jackson. Now in order to receive something in Jackson, it has to go through Memphis, and Jackson has it's own Post Office. Doesn't make any sense!

WRbowhunter

Wish it was only the USPS in Memphis that had thieves. And forget about a package getting misplaced at the USPS Memphis and asking someone to look for it. Dad sent me a registered letter last year and it took 6 weeks for them to return it to him.

G5PRIME

Grizzly Johnson said:
Insurance on high-dollar items is worth it imo.....
hey ol buddy insurance from usps aint worth a sh--! you should see a bow my wife just bought, it looks like a banana and they haven`t paid yet been a month so far! i got bout 3 hours at the local post office and countless phone calls and email to the claim center, horrible experience!

muskyhunter

i had a friend mail a long bow and when the guy got it, the package had been sawed in half and laying on has front porch.

Grizzly Johnson

G5PRIME said:
Grizzly Johnson said:
hey ol buddy insurance from usps aint worth a sh--! you should see a bow my wife just bought, it looks like a banana and they haven`t paid yet been a month so far! i got bout 3 hours at the local post office and countless phone calls and email to the claim center, horrible experience!

But atleast it's in process..... It could have been: No insurance, sorry we can't do anything.

G5PRIME

Grizzly Johnson said:
G5PRIME said:
Grizzly Johnson said:

But atleast it's in process..... It could have been: No insurance, sorry we can't do anything.
actually since you mentioned it thats the letter we just received " sorry your claim has been denied" receipts all paper work everything they wanted and still denied, no doubt if it had been a private owed company could not get away this!

G5PRIME

muskyhunter said:
i had a friend mail a long bow and when the guy got it, the package had been sawed in half and laying on has front porch.
thats just about how mine looked except the box wasn`t cut it was broke in half and there was a bow bent double inside? i didn`t get a chance to sign for it like i was supposed too!

Bowdacious

G5PRIME said:
muskyhunter said:
thats just about how mine looked except the box wasn`t cut it was broke in half and there was a bow bent double inside? i didn`t get a chance to sign for it like i was supposed too!
Go after them again. And again until they pay. Find out who issues their insurance and raise cain. I would be calling the Postmaster General every day.

SES

If you make a claim you have to have the original mailing receipt, insurance receipt, proof of how much the item is actually worth. If the sender has the documentation, they can deal with it on their end or send the info to you to take care of. I have never seen a claim denied with the proper documentation.

Stalkhunter

SES said:
If you make a claim you have to have the original mailing receipt, insurance receipt, proof of how much the item is actually worth. If the sender has the documentation, they can deal with it on their end or send the info to you to take care of. I have never seen a claim denied with the proper documentation.

SES your wasting your breath.

TNReb

Just thought I'd post an update...

I called the USPS 800 number and opened up a case. A couple of people called me back. Finally on Tuesday last week I spoke to someone in middle TN who said they would call the last facility where the package was at and ask them to look around and make sure it wasn't off to the side or something.

Then this Saturday... the package was delivered! A month and a half late.. but at least it wasn't stolen.