Memphis interstate shooting

ttf909

Supporter
Guess it was bound to happen. I witnessed a shooting on the interstate tonight.
Driving to work and not paying much attention to my surroundings when the car in front of me unloads 5-10 rounds into the car in the left lane. Before I realized what was happening the shooter and another car were speeding off and the car that was shot up was hitting the median.

I called 911 but don’t think I was much help other than giving them a location of the Honda Accord that was shot up and a vague description of the 2 vehicles that were long gone. I figured it would eventually happen but didn’t expect it to be 30 yards in front of me.

Shook me pretty good and I realized I need to do a better job of paying attention.
Anyone have recommendations on a good dashboard camera?
What else can you do in a situation like this?
Apeman from amazon

ttf909

Supporter
Just curious..... not being a smart a**

What good is a dash camera going to do?

glad your ok
Got them for the wife and myself after there was a vehicle vs bicycle collision in our town. A witness to the death of the bicyclist when it was hit by the car says the car tried to run over the cyclist. The dashcam from SUV shows cyclists flew off a hill and never looked when crossing infront of the SUV with no possible way for motorist to have seen it coming before killing the rider. Case solved witness debunked .

Cache

A dash cam provides evidence of a crime happening, or of an accident. On the Memphis expressways drag racing is a huge problem for regular motorists. The dragsters weave in and out of regular traffic and cause serious accidents because they tend to cut off other motorists by cutting in front of them before the rear end of the dragsters car has cleared the front of the regular motorists car. Without video to prove who was at fault the dragster can simply claim he was rear-ended, and now the motorist is on the hook to pay for the dragsters car.
Video camera evidence, whether for home or car, take away the perps claims that he didn't do it, he wasn't there, etc.
When there is video the question of "did you do it?" is answered.
Then the question becomes "how much time in a plea deal is acceptable?"
I see it every night.
Just curious..... not being a smart a**

What good is a dash camera going to do?

glad your ok
Like others have said just to have a better description and maybe even a tag number. Probably the way they ended up catching this guy…

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

FLTENNHUNTER1

How about installing an M60 on the hood.
The more negative talk about law enforcement, the worse it’s gonna get.
Highway shootings are a regular occurrence up in here in Chicago.

Attachments

Grnwing

Really hate to hear you had to witness that Cache! I drive that stretch during hunting season a lot from 1-3AM and as soon as I get on the 240 loop I am watching every car in front and behind me. I hate having that feeling that you have to watch out on that stretch of road.

Wildcat

A dash cam provides evidence of a crime happening, or of an accident. On the Memphis expressways drag racing is a huge problem for regular motorists. The dragsters weave in and out of regular traffic and cause serious accidents because they tend to cut off other motorists by cutting in front of them before the rear end of the dragsters car has cleared the front of the regular motorists car. Without video to prove who was at fault the dragster can simply claim he was rear-ended, and now the motorist is on the hook to pay for the dragsters car.
Video camera evidence, whether for home or car, take away the perps claims that he didn't do it, he wasn't there, etc.
When there is video the question of "did you do it?" is answered.
Then the question becomes "how much time in a plea deal is acceptable?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

moondawg

I try to avoid the south loop if at all possible. I drove from downtown to Collierville after work one afternoon about a month ago, and traffic was like a free for all NASCAR track. Oddly enough, there was a shooting on the south loop just after I got to my destination in Collierville. I'm glad I missed it. After that, I said never again if I can help it. I'll go home in Millington, and then take 385/I69 to Collierville. Much less traffic to deal with.

I-240 is crazy these days. I tell my girlfriend text me when she gets home especially if she drives to the airport and back.

redblood

Guess it was bound to happen. I witnessed a shooting on the interstate tonight.
Driving to work and not paying much attention to my surroundings when the car in front of me unloads 5-10 rounds into the car in the left lane. Before I realized what was happening the shooter and another car were speeding off and the car that was shot up was hitting the median.

I called 911 but don’t think I was much help other than giving them a location of the Honda Accord that was shot up and a vague description of the 2 vehicles that were long gone. I figured it would eventually happen but didn’t expect it to be 30 yards in front of me.

Shook me pretty good and I realized I need to do a better job of paying attention.
Anyone have recommendations on a good dashboard camera?
What else can you do in a situation like this?
Was anyone hurt?

Latest posts