Memorial Day

Knothead

Knothead

Memorial Day is the day celebrated in honor of those who kept the faith and fought for it till their last breath. We live in a country of brave men and women who fought to bring us peace and happiness.
Let us remember and thank them all. Every year, I view this video from the "Great Communicator", Ronald Reagan on Memorial Day. Below is a link to the video. Regardless of your political leaning, the message sums up why we honor the fallen on this day. As he states, we have achieved so much as a nation thanks to the sacrifice of all those who served.
For those who have served and undoubtedly know someone who paid the ultimate sacrifice, my thoughts are with you.
Wishing you all a very Happy Memorial Day! With Gratitude
08372371 D0B5 4978 B32F 33CA562D3A46

We are Americans

Rakkin6

Rakkin6

I would say during the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan doing hear long deployments your average infantryman was near maybe even above the 240 day limit. It seemed like everytime my team went out we were in a TIC (troops in contact) nearly every single time. This is why I try to write to not.only the representatives in Tennessee but also Kentucky, since I retired from Fort Campbell asking for more support for the VA. My generation or the 9-11 generation that is now retiring is going to need a lot of help. You have your regular Army guys and some of them have 5, 6 ,7 deployments then special operations Forces that.have 13, 14, 15 deployments. Going to have guys that need a lot of help from multiple injuries some seen and some unseen.

Forvols

Forvols

I would say during the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan doing hear long deployments your average infantryman was near maybe even above the 240 day limit. It seemed like everytime my team went out we were in a TIC (troops in contact) nearly every single time. This is why I try to write to not.only the representatives in Tennessee but also Kentucky, since I retired from Fort Campbell asking for more support for the VA. My generation or the 9-11 generation that is now retiring is going to need a lot of help. You have your regular Army guys and some of them have 5, 6 ,7 deployments then special operations Forces that.have 13, 14, 15 deployments. Going to have guys that need a lot of help from multiple injuries some seen and some unseen.
A lot will be unseen. Undiscussed, same as our WWII vets, Korean vets, Vietnam vets. You will have individuals that will carry this. Others that will seek help. Ones that will not recognize they truly need help. Ones that will not talk. I did lots of deployments, maybe more as a contractor than active duty. My path was very diverse mission wise. I didnt discuss injuries or shortIfalls. Because I thought my contribution to the missions my team was greater than any issue I had. AD wise I retired in 2005, then into the defense contractor world until mid 2018, I quit. I took about 9mths did nothing. Lake, family, lake, boat, got some grounding. Got a job my first totally civilian job in 35yrs..a real eye opener. Im 60 now I still cant get pasted waking at 2am gotta do a perimeter check, sometimes my wife gets up too says I was talking to people..alot of stuff I have gotten past but I now recognize I should have pulled back maybe left sooner than I did maybe reported issues. Now no recourse for me, and no I would not have done anything different in the support I provided to our USA. I have no issue with that. I have a good secure life for family and me and I also know I can defend it . That last statement is a comfort. Rakkin6 words are true and I in no way meant to compare or say I experience his and teams experience.

Last edited:
MUP

MUP

Supporter
Words can't adequately or justly convey the gratitude for our fallen heroes and the ultimate sacrifice given of themselves in the continuing fight for freedom for America and abroad. For the families who have lost, friends and relatives, I can only say thank you with my deepest sincerity for your heart breaking sacrifice to have lost your loved ones, and to those heroes, may God hold you in His hands until you are reunited on that day.