Meigs Warden caught baiting

Joe2Kool

I read through all of these posts, but didn't see a link to the incident. Anyone got one? The link to the Campbell county incident is scary. I frequently hunt the WMA there.

Thanks.

knightrider

Believe you would because that's in direct violation of an order by a law officer. They have come on to our property in Giles Co. two different times and without orange on during prime time.
When its the third Saturday in a row and you threaten to sue for hunter harassment they finally get the point and go pester someone else

Crow Terminator

When its the third Saturday in a row and you threaten to sue for hunter harassment they finally get the point and go pester someone else
You might think so but.... Who are their bosses more apt to believe? One of their own officers (and who is probably a buddy), or a disgruntled hunter? I lean towards the buddy system winning out. I think you would have to have everything on video to have any metit. Otherwise it would be your word against theirs.

knightrider

You might think so but.... Who are their bosses more apt to believe? One of their own officers (and who is probably a buddy), or a disgruntled hunter? I lean towards the buddy system winning out. I think you would have to have everything on video to have any metit. Otherwise it would be your word against theirs.
It works pretty good when you go over their head

redblood

Really I know that he was in on that big poaching bust on Fort Campbell. You could well be right I just thought differently. Thought he was on the Fort also. Isn't this Dale here giving the briefing. Like I said I could be wrong but I thought he worked on post and I know that he busted these guys on Fort Campbell.
Thats great, but a good deed doesnt cancel out a bad one. Lets say i get college professor of the year for the campus i teach at. Do an amazing job at preparing my undergrads for their career field. But i am sleeping with 2 of the students in my Tuesday/Thursday ecology class on a regular basis. Does my career excellence exempt me from my unethical extracurriculars?

Buzzard Breath

Thats great, but a good deed doesnt cancel out a bad one. Lets say i get college professor of the year for the campus i teach at. Do an amazing job at preparing my undergrads for their career field. But i am sleeping with 2 of the students in my Tuesday/Thursday ecology class on a regular basis. Does my career excellence exempt me from my unethical extracurriculars?
We need a pic of the students before answering.

trucker3035

Been a while folks. Hope everybody is doing well. Had a fellow Warden that can't vent do the venting for him and educate everybody on this BS. Opening day of Juvi turkey season TWRA officer Chris Combs was caught by another officer hunting over a full corn feeder with his two sons, one of which had already harvested a bird and attempting with second. He was turned in by that officer and not one dang thing was done to him. They enforce, cite and fine the same laws they don't follow and can get away with it. Hope this spreads to actually force twra to take needed action. No this isn't gossip or I wouldn't feel the need coming back to educate.
Turkey is a federal bird and holds a much stiffer penalty!!! Its different hunting over bait, but when you have a federal bird laying there that you possessed from that bait...then there should be more than a simple fine to pay!!! If it was us, we would spend jail time from killing a federal bird!!!

Buzzard Breath

Turkey is a federal bird and holds a much stiffer penalty!!! Its different hunting over bait, but when you have a federal bird laying there that you possessed from that bait...then there should be more than a simple fine to pay!!! If it was us, we would spend jail time from killing a federal bird!!!
Turkeys are regulated by the state and don't fall under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

7mmWSM

Hey Poleaxe, when did you become a fellow game warden? And where are my granddaughter's VHS tapes of the Earnest hunting comedies? For those of you that don't know Poleaxe, John James, (Poleaxe) borrowed my granddaughter's tapes to have them dubbed to DVDs. That's been a few years ago and I've tried numerous times to get him to give them back. This is the guy y'all don't know. He's ignored my requests every time. In short, he's a thief.
Poleaxe is the same one that told me when I prosecuted some road hunters years ago for shooting deer out of a vehicle on the road "it's just a dang deer man get over it". I guess baiting is a lot worse or hit closer to home for him.

Latest posts