Mature acorns - what are you seeing where

Volbuck777

I would be tickled to death to see chinquapin acorns for opening day I believe they are a deers favorite. I have seen a few whites but mainly blacks. I believe it's going to be a decent year for acorns in general on the east side.

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
Good acorn crop in southern Montgomery co. White oaks especially. They are not dropping yet but I am so glad to see them. We have not had acorns in the last two years. We do have a few chestnut oak acorns that are on the ground already.

backyardtndeer

When I was cutting up the top of one of the white oaks i have down in my pasture, it looked like it had a good number of acorns on it. I have not seen any on the ground here yet.

tree_ghost

Seeing plenty of reds with them in the tops, sporadic on the whites but they are starting to drop if the tree is holding them. Yellow buckeyes are dropping. Mexican plums are loaded and dropping. Persimmons are spotty but I found a grove of them 2 days ago that is dropping already and the branches are loaded to the point they are breaking off in the thunderstorms. Middle TN

tellico4x4

Few white oaks falling ( first in 3 yrs), muscadines starting to drop, some persimmons are loaded but still hanging, didn't check the chestnut oaks & haven't seen a single red oak yet. Did stumble across two crab apples that I didn't know we had that are full! Wayne Co.

dg7080

A few red and Chinquapin on the ground around here in upper middle TN (Sumner County). I can see quiet a few up in the top of my white oaks, but haven't seen any on the ground yet.

AM84

My property on the mountain in SW VA (about 3 miles across the state line from TN) has a TON of acorns. I found some white oaks on the ground almost a month ago. I was out last week putting up a couple stands and didn't have to look hard to find them on the ground. The trees are pretty loaded with them too.

muddyboots

Here is some whites.

Attachments

• DEBBD029-886B-42E3-BBF2-2374E8C8C36A.jpeg
    DEBBD029-886B-42E3-BBF2-2374E8C8C36A.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 90

Mr. Hawk

I would be tickled to death to see chinquapin acorns for opening day I believe they are a deers favorite. I have seen a few whites but mainly blacks. I believe it's going to be a decent year for acorns in general on the east side.
No doubt they are the favorite on my property

BSK

Although it looks like a bumper white oak crop in my area, strangely I'm seeing no acorns on the Mountain Chestnut Oaks. usually they are pretty consistent producers, but not this year.

tree_ghost

Dang yall got ripe persimmons already? They're still green here. It's usually October before I see them turning orange, let alone drop.
Yes. I killed a nice buck last year by finding a early falling grove of them on the edge of a thicket. Shot him the first week of season. Those persimmons can be very productive when falling before the acorn drop…

Latest posts