Mature (4 year old plus) movement

tree_ghost

I have had about a 50% split in my encounters with big bucks. I'm using an evolving approach throughout the season in order to make that happen. In the past I have been unilateral in my hunting approach and it has limited my prior sightings.

catman529

I will admit...for 2020..... midday activity has been the worst I've experienced in years.... contribute the lack of activity to the above average temperatures....hoping the temps this week will improve daytime movements.
I had some mid day movement today. Seen a decent bit of it on trail cam as well.

duckriver

I hunted pretty much all day. The brakes seem to have been put on our rutting activity. And I've noticed I have gone from seeing 8-10 does a day to 8-10 over the course of the week

JCDEERMAN

I hunted pretty much all day. The brakes seem to have been put on our rutting activity. And I've noticed I have gone from seeing 8-10 does a day to 8-10 over the course of the week
I believe we hunt relatively the same area. We are seeing the same thing. We had some activity last week, but starting on Saturday, everything just shut down. Partially to the extreme heat and partially to being locked down. It usually picks back up the first week of December

duckriver

I believe we hunt relatively the same area. We are seeing the same thing. We had some activity last week, but starting on Saturday, everything just shut down. Partially to the extreme heat and partially to being locked down. It usually picks back up the first week of December
That sounds about right. Last Saturday morning was great. And dead since then. I hope it picks back up. What part of the county are you in? PM if you'd rather

JCDEERMAN

That sounds about right. Last Saturday morning was great. And dead since then. I hope it picks back up. What part of the county are you in? PM if you'd rather
We are SW of Centerville. We typically see good activity through about the 23rd of November. However, I believe the EHD die off we had last year is the contributing factor of what we are seeing. We've estimated that 70-80% of our bucks died last year. There is simply no competition. No competition = less movement, and when you factor in the heat we've had, that's disastrous for hunting. We've had 1 mature buck (possibly 2) on camera since the end of July on 1 square mile of land :eek:. It will take at least another 2 years to bounce back. Worst case of EHD I've ever seen. If the cooler temps are around the first 2 weeks of December, I will be in the woods as much as possible!

duckriver

We are SW of Centerville. We typically see good activity through about the 23rd of November. However, I believe the EHD die off we had last year is the contributing factor of what we are seeing. We've estimated that 70-80% of our bucks died last year. There is simply no competition. No competition = less movement, and when you factor in the heat we've had, that's disastrous for hunting. We've had 1 mature buck (possibly 2) on camera since the end of July on 1 square mile of land :eek:. It will take at least another 2 years to bounce back. Worst case of EHD I've ever seen. If the cooler temps are around the first 2 weeks of December, I will be in the woods as much as possible!
I'm south east of Centerville and can echo every statement you made

Latest posts