Mathews

LCU

I can take any Archer that is shooting an off-brand bow,and make them a better Archer with a Mathews.
Stock bow.

JayMc

LCU said:
I have yet to meet a good archer that did not shoot a Mathews.

Take a ride to the next ASA tournament with me and I'll introduce you to many.

I'm a diehard Mathews fan, but your statement is over the top. You're making the rest of us Mathews shooters look bad. Shoot what you want and be happy with it. :D

Crow Terminator

LCU -- How long you been shooting? I'm going to assume not very long. You are right though in your post. There is a reason why a lot of the pro shooters and TV personalities shoot Mathews bows. And it's not because they are the best on the market. It's because they pump out the $$$ for them to shoot their bows.

I'm not knocking the equipment itself. I hear tale that the 2009 bow line is going to bring on some major changes for Mathews. Word on the street is they will have the fastest bows they've ever put out. In the last few years they've been lagging behind and playing catch-up to the other companies. You can't compete with the same ole stuff and just adding a new harmonic damper to it here and there and giving it a new name. Sounds like they finally caught on to that. That PSE X-Force was the best bow I'd put in my hands in the last few years. If it weren't so difficult to find a bow press to do minor tweaks to it, I'd still have it.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
LCU said:
If a novice would buy a Mathews first, it actually saves money by avoiding upgrading.

If your not a serious Archer, or expect real results as a bow hunter, any other off brand bow will work.
Even BPS can set it up well enough for you to shoot,and even kill game.

The problem is that your improvement is limited, to that of the bow itself.
All the best Pros shoot Mathews for a reason.
They don't win and get TV shows shooting off brand bows, or they never would have got to where they are now.
Investing saves cash.
Thnk about it.

You are the typical loud mouth, poser, mathews shooter that I got burned for opening my mouth about.

I wasnt talking about anyone else who shoots a mathews but the one bad apple in the group the gives the rest a bad name like stik and richmanbbq.

I dont think your joking because this is the 3rd or 4th thread you have called anything other than a mathews 'off brand' and anytime someone asks for a bow suggestion you always throw out the "Mathews is the best, shoot a drenalin because I have one, blaabity bla bla."

What makes a pro? Just because they are on TV? Ill bet $100 that there are some guys on hereand a few other guys I know that could burn people like jay gregory and all of those other big shots shooting an 'off brand' bow.

They shoot mathews because they get paid wads of money for even farting on a mathews so they can sell mathews to goobers like you just because they are on TV.

b and d boyz

well the way i see it is, people who shoot pro tournaments are gonna brag and represent there sponsors, or who ever gives them the bow they are shooting. But i havent met a person yet, who has said matthews are sucky bows. I have shot in tournaments with some of the best. And i have learned that it is not really the bow, its the shooter. And yes I do shoot a mathews. Ive got a Zmax, a legacy, and a switchback. And Ive got a friend that is a 13 time champion. Hes got the top of the line Matthews, every year that one comes out. But when it comes time to shoot. I'll burn him up with that ole switchback. So it doesnt really matter what kind of bow that it is. But i will always shoot a Matthews because i think there the best. people will say otherwise for years to come.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
b and d boyz said:
well the way i see it is, people who shoot pro tournaments are gonna brag and represent there sponsors, or who ever gives them the bow they are shooting. But i havent met a person yet, who has said matthews are sucky bows. I have shot in tournaments with some of the best. And i have learned that it is not really the bow, its the shooter. And yes I do shoot a mathews. Ive got a Zmax, a legacy, and a switchback. And Ive got a friend that is a 13 time champion. Hes got the top of the line Matthews, every year that one comes out. But when it comes time to shoot. I'll burn him up with that ole switchback. So it doesnt really matter what kind of bow that it is. But i will always shoot a Matthews because i think there the best. people will say otherwise for years to come.

true that

but no one is saying they are sucky.

richmanbarbeque

Radar said:
LCU drank the Kool Aid .

He didn't just drink it he got drunk on it. :grin:

I think we need to have LCU over for a 3d shoot. We can break out all of our no name bows and see how we shoot. We will have a pro there to give us pointers. We can set the course up for all of the "thread the needle" shots and see how we do in the midst of a serious archer. Shoot, I may even bbq something. Food on me who all wants to come over? No name brand bows except for LCU. We will only have room for ONE teacher. ;)

JayMc, You can borrow one of my no name bows for the day. :/

JayMc

I'll participate, but I'm not shooting an off brand bow :D

Which targets should I bring?

Warthog
Leopard
Mulie
Alert deer
Bedded deer
Hyena
Black bear

I plan to add a couple more so I can rotate them in and out better :D

bobthebowhunter

LCU said:
If a novice would buy a Mathews first, it actually saves money by avoiding upgrading.

If your not a serious Archer, or expect real results as a bow hunter, any other off brand bow will work.
Even BPS can set it up well enough for you to shoot,and even kill game.

The problem is that your improvement is limited, to that of the bow itself.
All the best Pros shoot Mathews for a reason.
They don't win and get TV shows shooting off brand bows, or they never would have got to where they are now.
Investing saves cash.
Thnk about it.

If your being serious about not meeting a good archer who doesn't shoot a mathews then you need to get out more.
LCU I have to say you have lost all of my respect for you with this post. 99% of the people who got involved on this thread were just pokin fun at each other. You are the 1% that has taken it too far. Your comment is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. There is absolutly no credibilty to it what so ever.

I would love to participate in a shoot off with my bowtech. I feel confident that you would consider myself and many others "good archers"

Radar

richmanbarbeque said:
Radar said:
LCU drank the Kool Aid .

He didn't just drink it he got drunk on it. :grin:

I think we need to have LCU over for a 3d shoot. We can break out all of our no name bows and see how we shoot. We will have a pro there to give us pointers. We can set the course up for all of the "thread the needle" shots and see how we do in the midst of a serious archer. Shoot, I may even bbq something. Food on me who all wants to come over? No name brand bows except for LCU. We will only have room for ONE teacher. ;)

JayMc, You can borrow one of my no name bows for the day. :/

I'll be bowhunting with one of my "off brand" bows .

Radar

The archer makes the bow . It's makes little difference what the name says on the limbs when I shoot a bow . I look for the positive attributes , like a good grip ,quiet, smooth draw cycle ,quality string, decent brace height ,forgiveness ,quality construction , and how the bow feels in MY hand .
I find it arrogant for guys like LCU to claim their bow is the only good bow on the market and all other bows are "off brand" and not up to par with his choice .
I have always tried to encourage young archers to choose the best bow for them within their budget , based on how well they shoot it .
Bowhunting would be allot better off if guys like LCU promoted the sport instead of their brand of bows .

Latest posts