Mathews V3X

CrossVolle

Anyone else shot one? I went and pulled a few off with it today and boy was that a mistake. That's the sweetest shooting bow i've ever shot and i have had a lot of them in hand. Believe i am going to have to have one.. 🤣🤣

redblood

I bought one. Then took it back the next day and swapped it for the bowtech solution ss. The draw cycle seemed harsh to me and it was much heavier than the solution ss. May not be a fair comparison since the solution ss was made for comfort but i would definitely shoot one if you arent use to matthews. I wasnt and the heavy riser was also an issue for me

CrossVolle

Im 30.5 as well
Hard out here for a lanky fella. But Mathews knocked that bow outta the park to me. Everyone is comfortable with different things. I also shot that Bowtech and it was sweet too. Definitely the second best feeling one i shot. Right there with the PSE levitate. Gotta shoot what fits ya. Mine is supposed to be in next Wednesday.

Last edited:

CrossVolle

I've paid for a V3X 29....I wish it would show up!
When did you order yours? It's taken mine about 6 weeks & will be here next week. But I ordered a black one. They had the granite bows in before everything else is what I was told.

Roost 1

I've been hunting with a Vertix, shot the V3x 29, sold my Vertix. Now I'm hunting with a Traverse until I can shoot a V3X 33.
I really liked the 29. It's gonna be hard to beat the Vertix but after a couple years I am ready for a change.

Last edited:

CrossVolle

I've been hunting with a Vertix, shot the V3x 29, sold my Vertix. Now I'm hunting with a Traverse until I can shoot a VX3 33.
I really liked the 29. It's gonna be hard to beat the Vertix but after a couple years I am ready for a change.
I shot a handful thru both. You won't be disappointed with either. The 33 just fit me better. It's hands down the deadest in hand bow I've ever shot and I shot with no stabilizer or anything at all.

Last edited:

ZachMarkus

Man what an awesome bow. I bought a V3X 33 last week. I'm two for two with it on does from the ground. I also switched to a nose button instead of a kisser button, I think it's really going to improve my shooting.

CrossVolle

Man what an awesome bow. I bought a V3X 33 last week. I'm two for two with it on does from the ground. I also switched to a nose button instead of a kisser button, I think it's really going to improve my shooting.
THAT IS AWESOME! If you don't mind sharing, i would love hear about your set up. Accessories, specs, arrow, etc.

ZachMarkus

THAT IS AWESOME! If you don't mind sharing, i would love hear about your set up. Accessories, specs, arrow, etc.
Yes sir.

Matthew's V3X 33 ambush green- 29" draw
HHA 1 pin sight
QAD drop away rest
Mathews flatline stabilizer
Mathews arrow web quiver
Bowmar nose button
Gold tip XT hunter 340 grain arrows
Nockturnal lighted nocks
Swhacker broadheads Levi Morgan edition

david k.

When did you order yours? It's taken mine about 6 weeks & will be here next week. But I ordered a black one. They had the granite bows in before everything else is what I was told.
I ordered black too....I'd have to look at my receipt but I think it was around the 5th of December or so. I ordered it from Shelby Forest Archery in Millington.

CrossVolle

I ordered black too....I'd have to look at my receipt but I think it was around the 5th of December or so. I ordered it from Shelby Forest Archery in Millington.
Should be soon then i assume i ordered mine on the Wednesday after you did.

CrossVolle

Yes sir.

Matthew's V3X 33 ambush green- 29" draw
HHA 1 pin sight
QAD drop away rest
Mathews flatline stabilizer
Mathews arrow web quiver
Bowmar nose button
Gold tip XT hunter 340 grain arrows
Nockturnal lighted nocks
Swhacker broadheads Levi Morgan edition
Did you go with a dovetail thru the riser on your sight?? I'm really curious how the bridgelock and the low pro quiver balances out the entire system.

redblood

Hard out here for a lanky fella. But Mathews knocked that bow outta the park to me. Everyone is comfortable with different things. I also shot that Bowtech and it was sweet too. Definitely the second best feeling one i shot. Right there with the PSE levitate. Gotta shoot what fits ya. Mine is supposed to be in next Wednesday.
i truely believe it has alot to do with the feel and grip you are accustomed to. Congrats on your new bow. Bow season will be here again before you know it!

CrossVolle

Have about 45 arrows thru it in the last 3 days or so. Man, what a bow. The most alarming thing about it so far was at the bow shop when we chrono'd my hunting arrows. They come in at 530 grains with approximately 20% FOC and the V3X 33 came in at 270 FPS at 70 pounds & 30.5 inch draw. I thought that was pretty unbelievable. With that heavy arrow the bow is nearly dead silent as well. Can't wait to really put some shots thru it this weekend.

Latest posts