Marsha Blackburn

jag1

Someone asked in the thread about Juneteenth if that was Marsha Blackburn in the picture. Was just reading an article where the LA times has written a critical article about Kamala Harris. So I looked to see if MB had indeed been there. Turns out she was.
Maybe it shouldn't bother me but it does. For all of the soundbites, etc these politicians make about the other side being the enemy, etc, to sit down and break bread with them in this way just rubs me the wrong way. I understand the need for both sides to work with each other but as has been mentioned here before...we are being played. We paid for that dinner & I don't think I've ever eaten that fancy before. Rant over.

Kirk

Supporter
It is disgusting and in my opinion self serving. First and foremost they are all politicians. Left or right, progressive, liberal, conservative they are all politicians first and public servants second. Much like lawyers in a court room acting like bitter enemies during a trial......then you see them out drinking and partying with each other later that night. To quote a line from the movie Shooter "There are no sides. There's no Sunnis and Shiites. There's no Democrats and Republicans. There's only HAVES and HAVE-NOTS."

BetterDaniel

The reality, I wish most of the right understood, is that you have no representation in our current government. There is no amount of voting that is going to get you out of where you are. Republicans are just blow-off valves, when the push from the left gets a little uncomfortable we elect a republican and they sit on their hands until the next election cycle where we can slowly start creeping left again.

The Big Guy

The reality, I wish most of the right understood, is that you have no representation in our current government. There is no amount of voting that is going to get you out of where you are. Republicans are just blow-off valves, when the push from the left gets a little uncomfortable we elect a republican and they sit on their hands until the next election cycle where we can slowly start creeping left again.
And this is why the entire MACHINE ("news" media, social media, government, etc) became so hysterical when Trump was elected - they knew Trump was the real deal, meant what he said and posed a threat to the system that provides them power and luxury most of us will never experience. The machine was literally fighting for its life... which explains EVERYTHING that has come to pass.

huntintn

This is why there should be term limits on every politician.

sun

Maybe it shouldn't bother me but it does.

Professional politicians generally know how to keep the issues separate from the individual.

They may need to work together for the duration of their career, so it's better to be polite and courteous then it is to be hostile.
They all work together on behalf of their constituents who belong to both parties, whether they're farmers, sportsmen, students or veterans
We all Americans who want the best for our country, community and kids. and despite political disagreements on issues, people have much more in common than that which separates them, especially when sitting down together for a meal and small talk.

Steverino

Professional politicians generally know how to keep the issues separate from the individual.

They may need to work together for the duration of their career, so it's better to be polite and courteous then it is to be hostile.
They all work together on behalf of their constituents who belong to both parties, whether they're farmers, sportsmen, students or veterans
We all Americans who want the best for our country, community and kids. and despite political disagreements on issues, people have much more in common than that which separates them, especially when sitting down together for a meal and small talk.
Okay, I was starting to agree. Yes they are people too. And you do catch more flies with sugar than bile. But thats where it stops, Sun. A lot of these people don't give a rats behind about the US. All they care about is power and money - the gravy train which the handlers provide.

Some care only about the narrative and see a global empire as the only solution to Climate Change and saving the planet. But groups like the Squat are fake news. Just there to reap the rewards and line their pockets while voting for everything their handlers tell them to.

Plain phonies - the Bernies and AOC's and Obamas preaching equal wealth for all (at the expense of the middle class) and then squandering their incomes (derived from their new found fame and connections) on Teslas, Mansions by the shore or in Martha's Vineyard. Or contributing hundred of thousands to boyfriends business. We could have quite a list but you get the idea. Snakes! Vipers! Hypocrites!

This isn't my dad's Democratic Party its a completely different group. I know what real Democrats are - I grew up with them in family and friends. I was part of it for years. This isn't the same.

Just to give you an idea I have a book of clippings from back in the day when my dad served the Democratic Party in so many ways. He was the goto guy for setting up meetings conferences and dinners for guests. I found a paperweight from State Senator David M Barry which says "In Appreciation" on it. Probably got that at some function from him. I'm sure they were on a first name basis. That was the party I knew. They weren't perfect and maybe like what you describe above. But not what we have today. Not even close.

That being said. I have supported Marsha Blackburn and have seen when I was a Fakebooker the abuse she got from so called conservatives. Look if you don't like her then fine we are free to make choices. But we need to see the voting record before we throw darts. If its bad there's an election and there are sure to be challengers. She's been good about the 2a from all I can see and what I've gotten from her and her staff and she's very concerned with Veterans. So until she shows otherwise I'll continue my support. If anyone has any documented issues I'd love to know them. Thanks.

Last edited:

Antler Daddy

Supporter
I’d like to see a picture of the white house service staff. I’m going to bet that it is not as diverse as Biden’s cabinet.

backyardtndeer

That being said. I have supported Marsha Blackburn
A while back I was called on a town hall type conference with Mrs Blackburn. I was satisfied with all the answers she gave to the people who were on the line asking questions. While I realize she is a politician, she is far better in aligning with my ideals than the majority of politicians out there. Her voting record supports this.

As far as her meeting with kommie harris, sometimes it isn't such a bad idea to pay attention to the enemy and what they are doing. Maybe kommie got past her cackling and let out useful information.

flyinpro

Supporter
And this is why the entire MACHINE ("news" media, social media, government, etc) became so hysterical when Trump was elected - they knew Trump was the real deal, meant what he said and posed a threat to the system that provides them power and luxury most of us will never experience. The machine was literally fighting for its life... which explains EVERYTHING that has come to pass.
Can’t agree more. Mr Trump, honestly elected was a threat to Swamp dwellers way of life. People who are millionaires because they spent a term in Congress. Politicians serve themselves first.

Wildcat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bone Collector

Supporter
been telling folks this for years.

Bone Collector

Supporter
Part of this is true. Some of us have more in common than not, but there are people (mainly dems) that want to wholesale destroy this country. I have nothing in common with them.

Also how can you say that what is happening is what is best for our country???? who could think that other than someone that wants to destroy America and rebuild something else entirely different.

DeerCamp

Supporter

Even without the news, I (along with MANY others) found him to be reprehensible. I watched his press conferences and followed him on twitter, and it was often seriously unhinged rambling, ridiculous name calling by anyone who didn't worship him.

Yeah, the media treated him unfairly, but damn did he make it easy.

Antler Daddy

Supporter
The only people I know who truly find Trump reprehensible are simply weak minded wimpy girly men.

It’s true. They generally like his policies, but don’t like his tone or how he talks about women with other men. They would rather listen to Biden’s mumbling than a man who tells Rosy O’Donell to lose some weight and keep her mouth shut.

Men that chose not to vote for Trump because he offended their sensitivities let women run all aspects of their lives. Truth.