Marlin lever action in 35 Remington

.444 Marlin

The more I think about it, the more I want another .35 remington. I believe that if marlin brought out their spikehorn in .35 remington it would be a very very good close quarters gun.

CZ284

I went in to Tommy Bronson in Memphis Saturday to pick my custom Mauser (7 Mag) up that I had on consignment. Was surprised to see three Marlin 336 models, all in 30-30. I think two had scopes, the third was drilled and tapped but did not have a scope. Prices ranged from $225 to $350.

Just in case anybody was looking for a Marlin 336.

Tnyoteboy

That was my first deer rifle and I was lucky enough to kill my first deer with it the 2nd hunt I went on. Stupid me thought I needed something a little more modern and sold it a couple years later. I like the 35 Remington cartridge so much I bought a 35 barrel for my TC Contender. It's a great woods round with a good punch.

41Magnum

The 35 Remington is one of those calibers that kills way better than the paper ballistics and the gun scribes let on. With the Hornady FTX ammo it will shoot flat enough to make a 200 yard kill possible in the hands of a good shooter. Mine was made in 1958 and with said Hornady ammo will shoot 1" or less 100 yd. groups as long as I do my part. It belonged to my Uncle and when he passed he willed it to me, one of my favorite rifles to hunt with.

Blockhouse

I have a 1960s era in 35. Have taken deer and bear with the 200 gr round nose. I have ghost ring peep on mine and it's a great gun to carry- just fits the hand. Interestingly remington 200s make one hole at 40 yds - federal won't stay inside 12 inches. Lever revolution is accurate As well but I can't resist the big round nose cartridges.

44 mag

I just love the 35 caliber in general. I have a 1959 Marlin in 35 rem but I also have a Winchester in 356 and working on a semi custom 35 Whelen. Can load them all with the same bullets if you wanted.

FTG-05

I have a virtually new Marlin Model 336 in 35 Remington. My dad gave it to me years ago and I'm thinking about trying it out this year. It is not tapped for scope mounts, has the adjustable open sights only.
Does anyone have any practical experience with something like this? I've heard they're a bit better than the 30-30.

My thinking is it might be a neat short range, thicket hunting type of rifle... opinions appreciated.

CZ
I'll take it!

kamml

I have one too. Good recommendation on ghost ring sight btw. Mine was tapped for scope and has the cross-bolt safety, but still a good shooter and ideal in the thickets. Mine likes the Hornady ammo but I reload with Rem corelockt 200 grains and it's a real killer.

Chickencoop96

I have a virtually new Marlin Model 336 in 35 Remington. My dad gave it to me years ago and I'm thinking about trying it out this year. It is not tapped for scope mounts, has the adjustable open sights only.
Does anyone have any practical experience with something like this? I've heard they're a bit better than the 30-30.

My thinking is it might be a neat short range, thicket hunting type of rifle... opinions appreciated.

CZ
took my personal best buck this past rifle season with a marlin 35. great brush gun and accurate too. that rifle sure puts em down

Attachments

• received_1653151741533847.jpeg
    received_1653151741533847.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 46

davidgraves6841

CZ
My wife hunts with a 35 and she is deadly out to 100-125 yards. Hornady ammo is great in it

Deerhunter

I have a 70's model I picked up from a member on here. Has shot multiple sub 1" groups at 100 yards. It's my favorite non-sentimental rifle if have, and it is with me 90% of the deer season… only replaced during bad weather

Wish I never sold that one. After realizing my mistake I replaced it with the exact same gun/scope/mount😂😎

JCDEERMAN

I have the exact same gun. It is my go to gun and what I hunt with primarily. Just put a new scope on it too. It is a killer. Get the 200gr shells and most every deer will drop in their tracks. My dad and I both killed our first deer with it. It is older than I am.