Marlin Bolt Actions - 270W & 30-06

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
Marlin Model MR-7 Bolt Action Rifles, one is 270Win and the other in 30-06. This are near mint condition (might pass as new), walnut stocks. Both were made in 1996, both are "JM" stamped. It does not appear that either has had a scope mounted on them, they do not have iron sights. I will say this about these guns, these were made when Marlin quality was much different than some of the recent years.
$725 $675 each. You will not be disappointed once you see one of these. If you want more pics let me know.

30-06 pics below
Mrln-MR06-Right2.jpg

30-06 ^^
Mrln-MR06-Left.jpg

30-06^^
Mrln-MR06-Right-Mid.jpg

30-06 ^^

270 pic here below
Mrln-MR270-Right.jpg

270W ^^

Mrln-MR270-Left.jpg

270W ^^

Limited trade interest include:
These must be in excellent to excellent condition.

Marlin 39A (pre cross bolt safety)
Pre-64 Model 70 (might as well wish to the stars)
Sig P365 9mm (non XL version).
S&W revolvers (non J frame, and nothing bigger than 44mag)
Colt Diamondback or Python.
Remington Model 121
Cash could flow either direction depending on item.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

mike243

My brother had a 2506 and it had the best bolt I have ever cycled, also shot bug holes at 100y, sold it before I knew he was getting rid of it or I would have bought.

JDUB

I have killed a whole lot of critters with my Marlin .270. If im not mistaken Marlin took the best components of the ruger, remington and winchester and made a bolt gun...GLWTS

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
Thanks for the comments, I love my other Marlins. These appear to be well built guns, great finish and fitting which is not surprising.

It think older Marlins are now getting a lot more respect, than maybe they got years ago. I think maybe they were under appreciated, but when you look at guns like these and the 39A of that era and before, then look at some of the new guns on the market on today, you can see the difference.

I was amazed when I seen these in this condition, just a great opportunity, there is 3rd also, it might just have to stay with me.

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
I have killed a whole lot of critters with my Marlin .270. If im not mistaken Marlin took the best components of the ruger, remington and winchester and made a bolt gun...GLWTS

To this point I picked this up on another forum from a very knowledgeable person., referring to the Marlin MR-7.

"It used the same trigger as the Model 70 Winchester, the same type of push-feed bolt as the Remington 700 with the "three rings of steel," a three-position Model 70-type safety, a bolt handle styled after the Ruger 77, and a detachable box magazine similar to the Browning A Bolt. They were well-made, but just didn't catch on very well."

Price drop!! $675 either one.

Latest posts