Marking tape

Urban_Hunter

why is there SO MUCH marking tape and cat eyes on public land? Do these people not realize that you're guiding everyone to whatever it is you found and like?

I did some scouting a couple weeks ago just to verify what I found last year and during Turkey this spring and didn't see any. Today I filled my pocket up with fluorescent pink tape. I REALLY don't understand the game trail through the otherwise impassable thicket with pink tape every 8 feet. You afraid you're going to hang a right into a wall of thorns?

Carlos

I've seen similarly marked trails on WMA's also. A few times it seemed like maybe they were legally blind, because there were ribbons every 10 ft.
I collected every one I found that year and tied them all together. It made a ribbon about 40ft long.

They'd be served just about as well if they tied one end of the roll into their bumper, and walked into their stand with the whole spool unwinding.
We share the woods with them, sometimes makes me worry.

Shanman

Thing that really gripes me is they won't remove the ribbons when they're done hunting that area. If they are faded at all, I take them down.

rmmonty32

With ON X and a compass i dont use markers so far that has served me fairly well. I haven't taken the tape down wasnt sure of the etiquette on that but ive certainly thought about it.

CATCHDAWG

With ON X and a compass i dont use markers so far that has served me fairly well. I haven't taken the tape down wasnt sure of the etiquette on that but ive certainly thought about it.
In my mind, it's litter. Pack it in, pack it out. And of course, always try to leave the land cleaner than you found it.