maple syrup

D

diamond hunter

Have any of yall tried this? Ive got a couple big maples and want to give it a go,this is the time of year.You tube has a bunch of vids

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
Has to be sugar maple. Not the common silver maple

P

poorhunter

Been doing it ever since I moved down here from Indiana. Takes a lot of sap (50 gallons/galllon syrup) but now I Have neighbor boys do it for me so it’s a lot easier :tu:

dg7080

dg7080

We make it right over here in Sumner County. Just a few more weeks till time to cook it up. Maybe sooner if the weather stays warm. The sugar maple has the highest sap content but you can use the others, it just takes more sap. We cook mostly sugar on our place but I have tapped a few others.. We seem to get about 1 quart of syrup from about 10 gallons of sap.. and it takes all day to cook a quart up on the stove...

R

rtaylor

I've got several trees tapped right now. It taste great and it is something fun to do when deer season is over. Make sure and put your sap in the fridge if you are going to go days before boiling because the sugar in it will make it go bad.

TRIGGER

TRIGGER

An elderly neighbor took me with him when I was 5 or 6 to tap some trees. I remember that like it was yesterday. That’s the only memory I have of him. I thought it was so neat.