Machete

bassybuck47

bassybuck47

I use the Camillus Carnivore X. I absofreakinlutely love thing.. It is a bit heavier than the Gerber Gator, but it slices through brush like crazy.
https://www.amazon.com/Camilus-CMICM192 ... B00NF40UNK

However, I got mine for $14 at Tractor supply last December on clearance. May want to check there, first. They have some steals on cutlery between December and January. I do love the thing. I also keep a Gerber Gator Jr on my quad because it fits in the rack really well, just to have as a convenience. The gators are pretty handy, also...

Mudbone

Mudbone

bassybuck47":2yiqdw8q said:
I use the Camillus Carnivore X. I absofreakinlutely love thing.. It is a bit heavier than the Gerber Gator, but it slices through brush like crazy.

However, I got mine for $14 at Tractor supply last December on clearance. May want to check there, first. They have some steals on cutlery between December and January. I do love the thing. I also keep a Gerber Gator Jr on my quad because it fits in the rack really well, just to have as a convenience. The gators are pretty handy, also...
I have the Camillus thing. It’s tough.

bassybuck47

bassybuck47

Mudbone":2dfdxpmq said:
bassybuck47":2dfdxpmq said:

Isn't it though??? I wrapped some tennis raquet wrap on the handle, because I wasn't crazy about the handle, but that thing will drop some serious crap!

eweisner

eweisner

I have the Carnivore II. Almost took my thumb off with it busting a deer pelvis. Should have had stitches but used super glue instead. Even see your own bone? Interesting experience I don't care to repeat.

gtk

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
a week or so ago, TSC in collierville had some machete's in their discount bin for $3 .. i bought one, and its actually a well built machete.

Mudbone

Mudbone

bassybuck47":g7kuqc7a said:
Mudbone":g7kuqc7a said:
bassybuck47":g7kuqc7a said:

Isn't it though??? I wrapped some tennis raquet wrap on the handle, because I wasn't crazy about the handle, but that thing will drop some serious crap!
Not huge on the handle either. My hand is too big for it. Seems it needs to be longer maybe? But it is super tough and sharpens to razor edge easily. I’m very impressed with it for the money. I think it’s a titanium blade.

1bow4me

1bow4me

I got a SOG for around $20. Things a beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TNRifleman

TNRifleman

It's not super cheap but the Esee Lite Machete is an awesome tool.

B

BlackBelt

The movie "Machete" was pretty good if you like that Tarantino/Rodriguez style of film. I thought it was some of Danny Trejo's best work. Jessica Alba was very good. Stephen Segals role left me wondering why they cast him.

Wait...what....?

TeamMainStreet

TeamMainStreet

source.gif

TeamMainStreet

TeamMainStreet

BlackBelt":2j39gjnh said:
The movie "Machete" was pretty good if you like that Tarantino/Rodriguez style of film. I thought it was some of Danny Trejo's best work. Jessica Alba was very good. Stephen Segals role left me wondering why they cast him.

Wait...what....?

Did someone say Jessica Alba???

J

Jon54

gtk":8hhkw4rw said:
a week or so ago, TSC in collierville had some machete's in their discount bin for $3 .. i bought one, and its actually a well built machete.
Do u remember how many they had?

Chapman

Chapman

What is the best way to sharpen one? I've got an Ontario Machete I need to sharpen up.

M

muddyboots

Supporter
Dang people buy specialized machetes. I have the same in I bought at Walmart 20 years ago. Lol

edtcase

edtcase

Mudbone":33hqlmul said:
bassybuck47":33hqlmul said:

Same here. I have two of them. Keeps a good edge for a machete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edtcase

edtcase

I can’t sharpen a knife to save my life so I carry mine to the gun show. Same guys been sharpening my knives for ten years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk