M2 20 help

timberghost35

Anyone have any ideas about how to bring this pattern to the left some. I shot it twice and made sure I did not putt on each shot and they were all like this. Don't really want to put a vortex on it...

also, would the choke make it throw a little off like this? The pattern density is great at 20, 40, and even at 65 (I wouldn't shoot that far, but it will kill)

Pic is pattern at 20.

Attachments

• 2272AFA4-2DB1-4CE3-B022-2574D26F59A0.jpeg
    2272AFA4-2DB1-4CE3-B022-2574D26F59A0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86

Andy S.

I have yet to setup a dedicated turkey gun with aftermarket choke and handloaded TSS that shot true to aim with the bead alone. I had to install adjustable sights or red dots on all of mine. I love shooting a bead, but that hasn't worked out for me thus far.

deerfever

Get a tru glo adjustable rear sight that mounts on your vent rib. It's should pull it right were you want it if don't want to do a red dot.

timberghost35

Get a tru glo adjustable rear sight that mounts on your vent rib. It's should pull it right were you want it if don't want to do a red dot.
I actually talked to the gunsmith Brandon, at Boss shotshells today. He made the recommendation to unscrew my RR choke 1/4 turn, and shoot a bird shot shell through it. Said sometimes the chokes are machined perfectly center and it will throw the pattern left or right.

He told me to try that and see how that is. If it works, then I know it's the choke and call RR.

I would like to stay away from adding anymore sights except for the stock bead...

Uncle Jesse

I agree with avoiding all sighting additions. Your eye is the rear sight so if you changed the cast to left hand, it should move your pattern left

I've sold several guns that wouldn't shoot where I'm looking

deerfever

I actually talked to the gunsmith Brandon, at Boss shotshells today. He made the recommendation to unscrew my RR choke 1/4 turn, and shoot a bird shot shell through it. Said sometimes the chokes are machined perfectly center and it will throw the pattern left or right.

He told me to try that and see how that is. If it works, then I know it's the choke and call RR.

I would like to stay away from adding anymore sights except for the stock bead...
Never heard of that one but a gunsmith definitely knows more than me! If I had a choke tube that I couldn't screw all the way in and it shoot correctly then yes ,I would definitely call or get rid of it and try another. All you have to do to get your poa, poi is shoot at a small dot with a game load at 10 yards . Your gonna find that lots of shotguns are not true to POA. That is why you see so many dot sights or rear sights on turkey guns with chokes and patterns they throw today. Here is the a turkey gun that I shoot bead with and I just got it. It's a Stoeger 3020. It's poi was a little high but dead on left/right which is perfect since I aim at the base of the waddles. The target is 40 yards Federal 8x10 TSS , Carlson 575 , Good luck getting it the way you want!

Attachments

• IMG_20210402_183041572.jpg
    IMG_20210402_183041572.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20210402_185754025.jpg
    IMG_20210402_185754025.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96

timberghost35

Never heard of that one but a gunsmith definitely knows more than me! If I had a choke tube that I couldn't screw all the way in and it shoot correctly then yes ,I would definitely call or get rid of it and try another. All you have to do to get your poa, poi is shoot at a small dot with a game load at 10 yards . Your gonna find that lots of shotguns are not true to POA. That is why you see so many dot sights or rear sights on turkey guns with chokes and patterns they throw today. Here is the a turkey gun that I shoot bead with and I just got it. It's a Stoeger 3020. It's poi was a little high but dead on left/right which is perfect since I aim at the base of the waddles. The target is 40 yards Federal 8x10 TSS , Carlson 575 , Good luck getting it the way you want!
See I wouldn't mind high or even low for that matter. But we all know how a gobbler likes to dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge...

I'm comfortable with the pattern as far as density, just need it about 2 inches to the left and It would be money.

at 20 it was right, at 40 the pattern was spread out enough to not have anything to worry about, and at 65 (I would do it, but I wanted to see anyway) it still threw 44 pellets in the head area...

Remington700

Nope. I tried reading up on them to understand them better, but it did nothing but confuse me even more. Any help would be appreciated if you understand it all...
Get some cheap bird shot and play with it. I believe you will want to cast left. See what that does and go from there.

REN

can shim it depending on how much over it is at 40yds.

Also shoot the factory full with the same ammo at 25yds and see if it is the choke. I had an Indian creek years ago that shot my pattern high and left.

Latest posts