Lucky Bird

13pt

If you read my post from this weekend, "Bow Shot Bird", then you know the story. Caught a picture of him this afternoon. Look closely at the big gap of missing feathers just above his beard. That's where I nicked him with my bow at 30 yds. If I'm correct, his vitals are 2" to the right. Very lucky bird! I did go back and study the scene of the crime and it appears I might have clipped a saw briar and deflected the arrow. Our dance is far from over...stay tuned.

Attachments

• F9D5B36A-CE72-422A-9012-886642F4D055.png
    F9D5B36A-CE72-422A-9012-886642F4D055.png
    943 KB · Views: 113

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Yea time to pack his mouth full of pellets. Not that I'm an expert (very far from it), but I've always heard the crease of the wing is the sweet spot if I remember correctly.

Arrowslanger

If you read my post from this weekend, "Bow Shot Bird", then you know the story. Caught a picture of him this afternoon. Look closely at the big gap of missing feathers just above his beard. That's where I nicked him with my bow at 30 yds. If I'm correct, his vitals are 2" to the right. Very lucky bird! I did go back and study the scene of the crime and it appears I might have clipped a saw briar and deflected the arrow. Our dance is far from over...stay tuned.
That's wild! Tough ole bird

Bone Collector

Yes I'm having a heated debate with myself whether to take the gun next trip and get this done. It sure would be nice to get one with a bow, but it's harder than I imagined.
I'd shoot him with a gun to end it for him. You will still have 2 tags and can try for another with the bow after. He's tough for sure. Good luck with him.

Latest posts