Low magnification scopes

morgancountry

I went with the Vortex Crossfire 2 in 2-7x32. First impression out of the box is good. Good clarity, great eye relief! This will be a great set up for my son on a Ruger American ranch in 350 legend. I guess time will tell weather or not I need the warranty.

Patrick H

Yesterday Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro had Leupold vx freedom 2-7 for $280. Everywhere else lists them for $299

Attachments

• 493726E7-5B2A-41B3-9134-58BBA0F35A5A.jpeg
    493726E7-5B2A-41B3-9134-58BBA0F35A5A.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 81

backyardtndeer

Purpose should dictate what you purchase. In a low power, I put a Burris rt6 on an AR I built recently. It is a 1-6x24 with a 30mm tube. Pretty impressed with it so far. I have an older fullfield II on my rock river varmint, and Burris signature hd on the upper I built with a 6.5 Wilson combat barrel. All the Burris scopes have served me well so far. The RR varmint has had that scope on it for over 15 years. Popped loads of vermin with it, scope has been as good as any I own. Most of the rest of the scopes I own are Nikon's. Have a couple Cabela's scopes and a vortex. With Nikon out of the scope business, Burris for the money imo is hard to beat.

Andy S.

BSK - I saw where Bushnell brought back the Elite Model scopes (previously produced 3200 & 4200 models), but the newer model is Bushnell Elite 4500. The older ones were Made in Japan and legit glass. These are Made in Korea. I have not held one yet, but wanted to make you aware they may be a quality low power scope option for a decent price point. They are claiming 4.3" of eye relief, which is fantastic if it is accurate. If I had to knock one thing, it would be the 30mm tube, which typically equates to a little heavier scope than a 1" tube (25.4mm). But that is splitting hairs when you get down to it.

Bushnell Elite 4500

Randy Wakeman Review

BSK

BSK - I saw where Bushnell brought back the Elite Model scopes (previously produced 3200 & 4200 models), but the newer model is Bushnell Elite 4500. The older ones were Made in Japan and legit glass. These are Made in Korea. I have not held one yet, but wanted to make you aware they may be a quality low power scope option for a decent price point. They are claiming 4.3" of eye relief, which is fantastic if it is accurate. If I had to knock one thing, it would be the 30mm tube, which typically equates to a little heavier scope than a 1" tube (25.4mm). But that is splitting hairs when you get down to it.

Bushnell Elite 4500

Randy Wakeman Review
That's a good looking scope Andy S. I ended up with a Leupold VX Freedom 2-7x33 scope. I like it. Gathers a tad more light than my Nikon Monarch, and it is very clear.

D.Akins

First post on TN deer, don't want to derail this thread but it is somewhat similar to my current needs.
I want to replace my old cheap scope for a nice one that does extremely well at dawn and dusk.
I hunt the mountains here in N. Alabama and it is thick and nasty most places. A long (not typical) shot might be 100 yards. Most all the deer I have shot are inside 40 yards. I would like to have a scope with great light gathering ability and do not need super magnification. Even a fixed 4x or 3x would probably be ok.
Anything y'all would recommend other that what was mentioned above?
Thanks in advance

SOUTHERN CHICK

First post on TN deer, don't want to derail this thread but it is somewhat similar to my current needs.
I want to replace my old cheap scope for a nice one that does extremely well at dawn and dusk.
I hunt the mountains here in N. Alabama and it is thick and nasty most places. A long (not typical) shot might be 100 yards. Most all the deer I have shot are inside 40 yards. I would like to have a scope with great light gathering ability and do not need super magnification. Even a fixed 4x or 3x would probably be ok.
Thanks in advance

scn

Thanks in advance
I have been using some Leupold Vx 2x7x33 on several rifles and muzzleloaders. Most were Vx1 scopes years ago. That grade seems to be a Vx3 now. They are a pretty light and compact scope.

These scopes are no longer produced by Leupold. I have found a couple used on ebay. Prices are normally the original price, so they aren't discounted any. But, they are quality glass that will give you what you are looking for.

And, as a plus, some were sold during that time with a heavy duplex reticle. It really shines in close quarters if you can find a scope with one. If you are patient, I think you will find what you are looking for.

PillsburyDoughboy

That's a good looking scope Andy S. I ended up with a Leupold VX Freedom 2-7x33 scope. I like it. Gathers a tad more light than my Nikon Monarch, and it is very clear.
The Leupold VX and the VXR scopes are some of my Favorite lower end scopes . Buy once and your not questioning or 2nd Guessing your purchase with Leupold Products. Other Companies? Not so much.

BSK

I liked the VX Freedom enough that I'll probably replace a cheap 3-9x40 Bushnell I have on my 308 to the same 2-7x33. For my type of hunting (close-up brush hunting) the 2-7 and good light gathering of the VX Freedom are the ticket. And at $299, they don't break the bank.

PillsburyDoughboy

Bushnell Elite 4500

Randy Wakeman Review
When Bosch & Lomb made their own Elite scopes they were value prices and super clear. On par with Zeiss and Swarovski but not at the same $$$$$

When Bushnell took them over there was a instant decline in quality and a instant increase in price.

Latest posts