• Help Support TNDeer:

Lost a friend today

eweisner

Max was 12. We adopted him through a shelter. He was more than a dog he was a friend. He welcomed everyone into our home and even people who didn't really like dogs talked about what a good boy he was. He nursed my son through a concussion, helped my youngest learn to sleep through the night, taught my daughter to see beyond herself. He gave my step-dad (alzheimers patient) to look beyond himself. My wife had to be the one to take him to the vet to have him put to sleep, I was unable due to my surgery. She took him in his bed wrapped in shirt that each of us had recently worn. She said that when the vet walked in he sighed and wagged his tail as if he were glad his race was won.

Not many dogs like our Max.

Gronk

BB managed to activate my allergies, just sayin

Truly sorry for you and your family’s loss. Most gut wrenching thing having to put one too rest. Sounds like he more than retuned the favor. Good boy!

DoubleRidge

Tough spot to be....I've had dogs all my life....and I've buried several....but a couple of them truly had an impression on me....the unconditional love they provide and the loyalty...those few special dogs that come along in life are truly amazing animals......Max sounds amazing....prayers for you and your family.... sorry for your loss.

gatodoc

Supporter
I feel your pain. The fact it hurts so much is proof the love you shared. You had a blessed pet who had a blessed owner.

Sorry for your loss. Happy for your time shared....

TNRazorback

Terribly tough thing to do, even though it’s the right thing to do. They give us so much - love, companionship, entertainment, protection. Relieving their pain is an act of love, but it sure as heck doesn’t feel like it. So sorry for your loss.

Latest posts