Looks like Scott Frost might be the guy....

TreyB

:pray: Gruden and not Frost or Petrino.

But when I said a few weeks ago Frost was still in play I got all the insiders from two on here saying he is a lock to Nebraska.

TreyB

But Frost loves recruiting in Florida. Like not having to travel far to get his guys.

PillsburyDoughboy

TreyB":1x5163oo said:
PillsburyDoughboy":1x5163oo said:
Frost ?? Really ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't approve of him?
I'm not sure I would be looking at AAC coaches with the kind of money I had to spend .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamMainStreet

PBD is right. When your loaded you dont buy a Hyundai when you need a new car. Vols now have the one and only Baltimore Ravens HC John Harbaugh currently in a bidding war with Jon Gruden for the soon to be HC opening in Knoxville. When the dust settles, UTK will employee the highest paid coach in all of college AND professional football.

Or it could be Scott Frost. :tu:

TeamMainStreet

TreyB":1dfmjx02 said:
But Frost loves recruiting in Florida. Like not having to travel far to get his guys.

Wouldnt make sense to make a move all the way to BFE Nebraska then.

Has aspirations to be a CFP contender? What coach doesnt?
P5 SEC job vs Group of Five job definately a better path to winning cships.
Likes recruiting in Florida?TN is closer to Florida than Nebraska.
Who will probaby have a coaching position open in the near future?Vols.

Makes too much sense. Will probably be PJ Fleck. Got my order of oars on stand by. :tu:

TreyB

TeamMainStreet":15hjxd4s said:
TreyB":15hjxd4s said:

Wouldnt make sense to make a move all the way to BFE Nebraska then.

Has aspirations to be a CFP contender? What coach doesnt?
P5 SEC job vs Group of Five job definately a better path to winning cships.
Likes recruiting in Florida?TN is closer to Florida than Nebraska.
Who will probaby have a coaching position open in the near future?Vols.

Makes too much sense. Will probably be PJ Fleck. Got my order of oars on stand by. :tu:

Was meaning turning down the Nebraska job

PalsPal

Pure GOLD!

"You could do a movie on the politics that happened behind the scenes. Let me say this, if Currie wants to come and announce this whole Gruden signing like he was the one spear heading it then I will tell you now he is full of ****. The current academic administration at UT is essentially a cancer on the athletics program. If you want to know why we are a current dumpster fire then look no farther than the Academic administration and the halfwit AD's they hire to be yes men. This deal was brute forced in by the Big boosters and power players of UT with a tremendous amount of friction from the AD and AA. Hiring Gruden will bring much more revenue to UT athletics than what his contract and Butch's buyout costs (Look at Alabama and Saban). The economics easily work out in the favor of UT without Boosters footing the bill but the administration essentially made big donors pay every damn penny of the buyout and the salary increase that we are going to have to pay Gruden under threat of veto. Even then, the big donors had to vow to stop donating to UT if the AA wouldn't accept Gruden."

Coalition of Boosters forced Gruden to be top choice. Currie is still the one to hire the coach. They were going to keep offering until Gruden ran from the table, thankfully he agreed to the deal. I didn't have the full context of the offers or the politics behind them until today.

Don't be alarmed by references to Search Committees, The committee already has its answer and contract terms before it even started. It will be a fun dog and pony show to watch but it won't last long before Gruden is announced. Soon.

TreyB

PalsPal":1kabmyc6 said:
Pure GOLD!

"You could do a movie on the politics that happened behind the scenes. Let me say this, if Currie wants to come and announce this whole Gruden signing like he was the one spear heading it then I will tell you now he is full of ****. The current academic administration at UT is essentially a cancer on the athletics program. If you want to know why we are a current dumpster fire then look no farther than the Academic administration and the halfwit AD's they hire to be yes men. This deal was brute forced in by the Big boosters and power players of UT with a tremendous amount of friction from the AD and AA. Hiring Gruden will bring much more revenue to UT athletics than what his contract and Butch's buyout costs (Look at Alabama and Saban). The economics easily work out in the favor of UT without Boosters footing the bill but the administration essentially made big donors pay every ***** penny of the buyout and the salary increase that we are going to have to pay Gruden under threat of veto. Even then, the big donors had to vow to stop donating to UT if the AA wouldn't accept Gruden."

Coalition of Boosters forced Gruden to be top choice. Currie is still the one to hire the coach. They were going to keep offering until Gruden ran from the table, thankfully he agreed to the deal. I didn't have the full context of the offers or the politics behind them until today.

Don't be alarmed by references to Search Committees, The committee already has its answer and contract terms before it even started. It will be a fun dog and pony show to watch but it won't last long before Gruden is announced. Soon.

:party:

TreyB

gator-n-buck":1sxa52o0 said:
Now they have switched to John Harbaugh as a possibility since Gruden turned UT down.

:D

But I thought a few posts above said........... :rotf:

gator-n-buck

TreyB":pzrpdmnu said:
gator-n-buck":pzrpdmnu said:
Now they have switched to John Harbaugh as a possibility since Gruden turned UT down.

None of them guys really know. If UT is sneaking around trying to hire a coach while there is still one in place. They darn sure wouldn't be leaking it out on sports forums.

:tu:

TreyB

gator-n-buck":372wnuol said:
TreyB":372wnuol said:
gator-n-buck":372wnuol said:

None of them guys really know. If UT is sneaking around trying to hire a coach while there is still one in place. They darn sure wouldn't be leaking it out on sports forums.

:tu:

But what about the billboards being taken down today????? :pop:

Latest posts