• Help Support TNDeer:

Looks like he got a good one.

BlackBelt

I really enjoyed that video. I had thought seriously about getting one, but the paperwork seemed a little tedious so I passed.
However, that one in the video looks great.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Dbllunger

Supporter
I've had one for about 10-12 years but didn't get mine from the cmp. I have used the cmp for ammo but it's been several years. Absolutely incredible rifles. It's a very unique and great feeling when you fire the 8th round and hear the "ting!" The recoil feels like a soft punch in the shoulder. Mine is a Springfield Armory with matching numbers. The sling seems original and correct as well as the stock.

If you ever have an opportunity to shoot one don't pass it up.

Cool video. The service grade rifles are every bit as good shooters as the more expensive ones and I wouldn't hesitate to get one if I didn't already have one

7mm08

From what my Dad told me.
It’s almost impossible to find one from CMP or anywhere else an original WWII one with matching numbers. The GI’s would sit around, break down their rifles, and trigger assemblies, op rods , etc would go into a pile of helmet. One guy would clean all the triggers, one guy the rods, and of course someone or more got the barrels. When they were done ..... everyone just grabbed a trigger, Rod, barrel and threw it back on their gun. No one worried about serial numbers, when the next day you were going to use those guns against the Nips!

Last edited:

Cache

I’ve got my grandfathers. Not 100 percent sure if he carried it in the war or bought it afterwards. For some reason I remember my dad telling me you could buy them for $20-30 bucks back then?? Guess I need to get it out and do some research.

7mm08

I’ve got my grandfathers. Not 100 percent sure if he carried it in the war or bought it afterwards. For some reason I remember my dad telling me you could buy them for $20-30 bucks back then?? Guess I need to get it out and do some research.
If you know what date he went in, you can cross reference issue numbers

david k.

My son-in-law has always been a competitive shooter and worked at the CMP for several years right out of college....he bought several M1's while he worked there and it looks like they were probably a really good investment for him.

I asked him too search their database to see if he could locate the M1 my dad carried when he was in the Army...until the day he died my dad could rattle off that serial number as easily as he could his own street address... I would've loved to have bought it for him but unfortunately, the serial number had never shown up in the CMP database.

Last edited:

Latest posts